Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Scan Gage Q's...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jan (Pronounced Yan)
JanBoothius's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombiosis View Post
How hard is it to install a scan gage...and what are the worth new?
Super easy to install.

I paid far less than the MSRP of $170.

I bought through Amazon, they may still be cheaper there.

Be aware that some people have had problems with the Scan Guage II dying after about a year... but that is just an internet rumor, mine has been great for the 3/4 of a year I've owned it!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #6
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
very easy install. I paid 160$ plus shipping a year ago.

there are a few threads in here with suggestions on where to install it.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
CNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Information Systems Technician / IT2
Name: Camron
CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Ive seen people run it all the way up near the rearview mirror. I like it just above the dash on the left corner.

I know you asked about the scanguage, but the ultragauge is much cheaper.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #8
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNewell View Post
I know you asked about the scanguage, but the ultragauge is much cheaper.
And slower refresh.

Though it can show more gauges at once.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #9
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How hard is it to install a scan gage...and what are the worth new?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume Canada doesn't have search buttons.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...archid=2325218
Old 03-13-2011, 12:52 AM   #10
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Ya the Canadian govt has a country-wide firewall that filters out any search buttons.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #11
tombiosis is on a distinguished road

Name: T
tombiosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume Canada doesn't have search buttons.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...archid=2325218
sorry but I was too busy working on my igloo, skinning a moose and drinkin' beer / watching hockey to search...
Old 03-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sorry but I was too busy working on my igloo, skinning a moose and drinkin' beer / watching hockey to search...
Sounds pretty accurate from what I've learned in the Ask a Canadian thread. lol
Old 03-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #13
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
It took me about three minutes to install it. The first two minutes were deciding where to mount it.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #14
mconsaga13 is on a distinguished road
mconsaga13's Tacoma Gallery
where do you gus suggest mounting it? any cool ideas?
Old 05-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
I used velcro and installed it into the little cubby hole by the driver's right knee. (If you have a 4wd, that is where your emergency brake handle is, so no bueno).

There's a blendmount you can buy for attaching it to the rear view window. Someone here posted about doing something 95% as good with a bicycle reflector mount.

Another person used belt clips from cheap tape measures to clip the SG to the headliner.

Another person mounted it to the overhead console. (I was originally going to do that, but my 'temporary' mounting location in the cubby hole was so good I never bothered.)
Old 05-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #16
tommyg29 is on a distinguished road

tommyg29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And dont forget the icehole fishing

as far as mounting, I think the easiest and most popular place is right on top of the steering wheel, below the speedo.
Thats where mine is going.

Products Discussed in this Thread