Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

No thanks to north west off road

Old 03-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
Angry No thanks to north west off road

So I ordered and received some new leafs from NWOR supposed to be 2" only. But when I put them on they raised it 4"-5" and they said thell break in but no go. And now they won't take em back. So I'm looking for a new set of leafs but I'm not sure what company to trust that can give me 2" in the rear or something to just level it out nicely. I'm running coil overs at 2.50-2.75 with 285s and it's about 38 1/2 fender to ground. But the rear is almost 42!!!! So I was just wondering what kinda leafs you guys are running that work well. I.e good ride, trustworthy/reliable company, 2" lift only. Thanks for your .02
Old 03-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of pack brand name is it??/
Old 03-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Sold my old pair of leafs already. Damn. And I thought aal's wernt the greatest if you go wheeling. I'd say I'm the moderate wheeling type. Think aals are strong enough?
Old 03-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
I ski I work I'm rad
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
what kind of pack brand name is it??/
It was just there new brand. Supposed to be 2" only no more. I talked to a guy there and he said they just need to break in after 5oo miles. I think it may have just been to get me off his back.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
B... is on a distinguished road
B...'s Tacoma Gallery
I've got the all pro packs with a camper shell and ended up with about 2.25" of lift.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezyskis View Post
It was just there new brand. Supposed to be 2" only no more. I talked to a guy there and he said they just need to break in after 5oo miles. I think it may have just been to get me off his back.
No, there is a break in period on leaf springs. Have you tried to flex the rear to help them break in?
Old 03-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #8
I ski I work I'm rad
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
No, there is a break in period on leaf springs. Have you tried to flex the rear to help them break in?
Yeah I thought of that to. I'm a plumber so I figured I'd put a water heater in the bed strait down and fill it with water 40 gallons. So about 320lbs plus the weight of the water heater 70lbs so about 390lbs total for 2-3 months. Took it out hardly dropped ahalf an inch. The part numbers on the spring matched the ones for the right spring but still.... Looks like I'm gettin ready to race a 1/4 mile with the rear so high.