Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 gauge cluster. (White or black)?

Old 03-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
himmy33 is on a distinguished road

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
2011 gauge cluster. (White or black)?

What gauge cluster did your 2011 come with? So I was at the dealership the other day getting the oil changed for free (sweet) and was looking at some new 2011 trucks and some have a white gauge cluster while others have the normal black cluster. Just curious when Toyota made this change. Also a little disappointed because I like the look of the white much better than the black/orange. I did notice that the white was on TRD package trucks and not the others but that could just be because they are newer 2011's.
I wish I had a pic but I don't. However I did see one floating around here somewhere...
Old 03-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
someone said if your 2011 was made after nov 2010 or dec 2010 u had the new clusters (the white one).... mine was made in dec... its white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmy33 View Post
What gauge cluster did your 2011 come with? So I was at the dealership the other day getting the oil changed for free (sweet) and was looking at some new 2011 trucks and some have a white gauge cluster while others have the normal black cluster. Just curious when Toyota made this change. Also a little disappointed because I like the look of the white much better than the black/orange. I did notice that the white was on TRD package trucks and not the others but that could just be because they are newer 2011's.
I wish I had a pic but I don't. However I did see one floating around here somewhere...
Old 03-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #3

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I'm jealous. Could you post a pic if possible?
Old 03-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #4
pbrcoastie is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Marine Science Technician
Name: Bill
pbrcoastie's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up my new 2011 DC TRD Off Road today. I was surprised to see the white gauge cluster. Didn't know they had changed that. I must say I like it much better than the orange/black I had before.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #5
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the black guages with orange lighting on my 2011 DC 4x4 SR5. My mfg date is Nov 2010.

Congrats on the new truck pbrcoastie.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #6

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
How can you find out the manufacturing date?
Old 03-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #7
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmy33 View Post
How can you find out the manufacturing date?
The sticker on the drivers door jamb has that info and a lot more.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #8
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
someone post a pic of the white cluster. Havent seen it yet...
Old 03-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #9
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
pics?
Old 03-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #10
chacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
chacotaco's Tacoma Gallery
search?
Old 03-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Old 03-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Isn't search aswesome?