Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What a disgrace!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
ironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud of

Name: Jonathan
ironman_jon's Tacoma Gallery
What a disgrace!

so i was out and about today and ran into this mess...2011 tacoma offroad stuck in the sand..long story short kid buried himself axle deep, dug up the only rock in a 20 mile radius while he was spinning tires and fucked his back rim up to shit.. oh yeah and a jeep pulled him out
Attached Thumbnails
What a disgrace!-imag0071.jpg   What a disgrace!-imag0072.jpg   What a disgrace!-imag0073.jpg   What a disgrace!-imag0074.jpg  

Old 03-13-2011, 01:54 AM   #2
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
2wd?

Old 03-13-2011, 03:02 AM   #3
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Probably not, sand is fickle. If you think sand is easy to drive on, you haven't driven on many different sands.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:08 AM   #4
ironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud of

yeah its 2wd.... this sand was hard on top but once u break the surface it gets really soft really quick...lol i think the main problem was he was running street pressure in the tires instead of letting air out.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:59 AM   #5
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman_jon View Post
yeah its 2wd.... this sand was hard on top but once u break the surface it gets really soft really quick...lol i think the main problem was he was running street pressure in the tires instead of letting air out.
How can it be 2wd. What are those fake trd off road decals on his truck

Old 03-13-2011, 04:03 AM   #6
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jan (Pronounced Yan)
JanBoothius's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepidy View Post
How can it be 2wd. What are those fake trd off road decals on his truck
There are Prerunner TRD Offroad models. Retarded, isn't it?

Old 03-13-2011, 04:05 AM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Offroad PreRunner.

Looks like the guy could have backed out???

Old 03-13-2011, 04:08 AM   #8
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBoothius View Post
There are Prerunner TRD Offroad models. Retarded, isn't it?
After I posted my remarks I got on the toyota site and yes there is a trd off road package 4x2. Totally a waste, why bother. I guess the decals are the big sell. Shame on the guy that got stuck attempting soft sand with a 4x2 with a stock setup (suspension, wheels,tires, rear diff ect.)

Old 03-13-2011, 04:10 AM   #9

it was a 2wd but it had a locker...trust me there was no way he was backing out of that

Old 03-13-2011, 04:15 AM   #10

trust me it was funny him and his buddy...total bros lol........his buddy said he pulled out 2 full size trucks with his little white truck but he couldnt pull this tacoma out..he was said its against his code anyways to pull out a toyota with another toyota haha

Old 03-13-2011, 04:20 AM   #11

Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman_jon View Post
trust me it was funny him and his buddy...total bros lol........his buddy said he pulled out 2 full size trucks with his little white truck but he couldnt pull this tacoma out..he was said its against his code anyways to pull out a toyota with another toyota haha
funny very funny

Old 03-13-2011, 06:31 AM   #12
BLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
BLKSR5TACO's Tacoma Gallery
hey dude (tepidy), lets not get into you knockin prerunners. not everyone has the money or the need for 4wd. i take my prerunner sr5 on the beach in nc all the time and i have never been stuck. i wanted a trd prerunner but there were none when i bougtht mine due to toyota slowin down productions 2 years ago. for only being 2wd i've had mine through stuff that my buds had to put theirs in 4wd to get by.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:38 AM   #13
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSR5TACO View Post
... for only being 2wd i've had mine through stuff that my buds had to put theirs in 4wd to get by.
Had to or chose to? There is a difference. And I'm not knocking 2WD; the only reason I got 4WD is 6 months of winter driving in Alaska.

Just curious

Old 03-13-2011, 06:38 AM   #14
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery

Old 03-13-2011, 06:40 AM   #15
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Why?

Old 03-13-2011, 06:44 AM   #16
BLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
Had to or chose to? There is a difference. And I'm not knocking 2WD; the only reason I got 4WD is 6 months of winter driving in Alaska.

Just curious
i did want a 4wd but i figured in the long run i wouldn't use it enough to be worth an extra $100 a month onto my payment. not tryin to get anyone mad....i know about the whole 2wd vs. 4wd debates all over the site. let's just agree that the tacoma is an awsome truck!

Old 03-13-2011, 06:53 AM   #17
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i did want a 4wd but i figured in the long run i wouldn't use it enough to be worth an extra $100 a month onto my payment.
I totally understand that.

I'm asking if your friends had to use their 4wd to get through the same area you got through in your 2wd...or did they chose to.

I ask because this was my first winter with my truck. At first I'd use 4wd whenever there was a chance of snow or ice on the road. Now I've come to use it only when necessary. Spend most of my time in 2WD. But having the 4wd is handy when the snow is deep...or to get moving from stop on ice...turn it off once in steady motion.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:56 AM   #18

they had to because all my buds own full size chevys and f-150's. those heavier trucks need the extra help of 4wd.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #19
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they had to because all my buds own full size chevys and f-150's. those heavier trucks need the extra help of 4wd.
Now it makes sense to me. Thanks.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:46 AM   #20

Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hey dude (tepidy), lets not get into you knockin prerunners. not everyone has the money or the need for 4wd. i take my prerunner sr5 on the beach in nc all the time and i have never been stuck. i wanted a trd prerunner but there were none when i bougtht mine due to toyota slowin down productions 2 years ago. for only being 2wd i've had mine through stuff that my buds had to put theirs in 4wd to get by.
Not knocking anyone my point is for this thread is the guy is out of his mind taking his truck on soft sand-He is asking his truck to perform way over its capabilities by not having 4wd. And yes beaches in NC and SC have packed sand so you could get away with airing down.

Closed Thread