Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Off Road in 4x2 WTF

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #21
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstr View Post
I have a prerunner (fake TRD no locker) and it handled awesome on the trails this weekend... Don't get me wrong I wish o had a 4x4 but since I don't have a money tree growing in my back yard a prerunner is all I could afford.

Prerunners are great vehicles my problem is having it marketed by toyota as a TRD Off Road when its missing the main component of the off road part that being 4wd

Old 03-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #23
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery

I feel a Mod is lurking nearby.

They have a sixth sense for a

Old 03-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #24
cabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Andy
cabarbhab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepidy View Post
The shame is on your my friend. How in your right mind can you refer to a vehicle package as a TRD Off Road if its not 4wd. You can put whatever spin you want on your philosophy to justify it but the bottom line is for true off roading you need 4wd. I have no issues with calling it a TRD Sport
Don't be stupid. Toyota is the one that builds and sells the offroad package on the prerunner. If you have a problem with it take it up with toyota, since they are the ones who build it, not individuals on the site. Go be a badass driving around in your 4X4 vehicle, while us prerunner owners go wallow in our shame.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #25
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepidy View Post
with mods no problem if you know how to manage your power.
With mods on a prerunner no problem offroading if you know how to handle the truck... And if that's the case then the sticker makes sence.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:22 AM   #26
Zork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to all
Zork's Tacoma Gallery
OP you drive a 2.7 with a plastic bed........end of story

Old 03-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #27
bobfm10350 is on a distinguished road

Name: Deric
bobfm10350's Tacoma Gallery
It's called TRD Off Road because it has a diff locker which is suited better for off road use than the TRD Sport LSD. Not everyone needs or can afford 4x4 so the next best thing would be to get the TRD off road package

Old 03-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #28
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Much like the other thread...This is locked because it was nothing but a 4x4 v 4x2 e-penis comparison.

I've seen folks with 4x4 screw up to the point a breaking parts and getting towed off the trail in the "easy" sections...and I've seen guys 2WD thru some gnarly stuff.

I don't know of anywhere that the words "Offroad" is defined by having 4x4...

Closed Thread