1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Apologies for the " off road 4x2 " thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tepidy, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Mar 13, 2011 at 10:14 AM
    Tepidy

Tepidy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    11 tacoma 4x4
    Toytec Coil Overs 3.00" DSM UCA's (Desert Products) TSB 4 Leaf w/AAL by Pro Comp Bilstein 5100 rear 1"ToyTec SwayBar Drops 1" diff drop Detroit Trutrac Rear Diff Nitro 4.56 Gears Doug Thornley Header MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust Custom Built Rear Plate Bumper Custom Built Front Plate Bumper 4X Innovations Rock Sliders ATO Front Skid BAMF Rear Diff Skid Uniden 510XL Pro CB Raceline Renegades BF Goodrich Mud Terrains KM2's 265x75x16 WeatherTechs Rear Diff breather Relocate Intake Resonator Removed Yellow Wire Mod
    I apoligize to all I offended by this thread. It was not my intent to critisize anyone with a prerunner. All the Tacoma's are great in the own way. And of course everyone has the right to purchase any style tacoma without derogatory remarks being made.

2. Mar 13, 2011 at 10:20 AM
    BryWi

BryWi Psalm 109:8

Member:
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off-road DC SB w/JBL
    5100s, black valance
    Nice gesture, Ted. :thumbsup:

In three months on TW I have seen undies bunched up over long bed/short bed, I4/V6, OR/Sport...you get the idea.

Some guys are a little sensitive about their Tacos...

3. Mar 13, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    There is just no reason to stir that kinda shit. Toyota makes a huge range of trucks for dam near every need. If someone buys a Prerunner, 4x4, 5 lug, or X runner, as long as it does what they want it to, then all should be fine.

4. Mar 13, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    :thumbsup:

I almost posted a coment on that thread about some saying they couldn't afford the 4x4, but didn't want to open another can. In my opinion, I just couldn't see trading for mine unless I got the 4x4. It's not a huge difference in price to me. But that was part of the reason for trading, better mpg, 4x4, smaller and have always wanted a Yota 4x4. Couldn't see settling for a pre-runner. I dont want to offend anyone with the pre's, it's just that even though I dont use the 4x4 that much I love knowning it's there when I need it. ;) I did consider the off road but couldn't find one with the JBL package.

5. Mar 13, 2011 at 10:34 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Alot of times the price isnt even the issue. Some people dont want to pay for something they dont need. At one time, all of my vehicles were 4 wheel drive. I found that my DD truck, I had only enguaged 4 wheel drive exactly one time, in 4 years. And only to see if the knob still turned. So, I decided to get the Prerunner, and make it more comfortable for the off roading I do in it.

6. Mar 13, 2011 at 10:34 AM
    DubyaDawg

DubyaDawg Underprepared and Overconfident

Member:
    Tulsa/Norman, OK
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner TRD Sport
    Avid Light Bar, KC Dayliters, Roll-N-Lock bed cover, TRD Center Caps, Fog Light Anytime Mod.
    It just all goes to what's important to you, if you're going to be in deep mud/snow, get a 4x4, if you're truck rarely goes off road apart from recreation you might rather spend the extra $$ on comfort or aesthetics. Also giving shit to PreRunner guys for offroading for fun just seems stupid on here, we're just trying to do what 90% of this forum wants to do, have fun with our trucks, and the only way you're going to learn the limits of yourself and your vehicle is by pushing it a little, which may result in getting in some bad situations.

Products Discussed in

To Top