Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My Apologies for the " off road 4x2 " thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
My Apologies for the " off road 4x2 " thread

I apoligize to all I offended by this thread. It was not my intent to critisize anyone with a prerunner. All the Tacoma's are great in the own way. And of course everyone has the right to purchase any style tacoma without derogatory remarks being made.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Nice gesture, Ted.

In three months on TW I have seen undies bunched up over long bed/short bed, I4/V6, OR/Sport...you get the idea.

Some guys are a little sensitive about their Tacos...
Old 03-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryWi View Post
Nice gesture, Ted.

In three months on TW I have seen undies bunched up over long bed/short bed, I4/V6, OR/Sport...you get the idea.

Some guys are a little sensitive about their Tacos...
There is just no reason to stir that kinda shit. Toyota makes a huge range of trucks for dam near every need. If someone buys a Prerunner, 4x4, 5 lug, or X runner, as long as it does what they want it to, then all should be fine.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery

I almost posted a coment on that thread about some saying they couldn't afford the 4x4, but didn't want to open another can. In my opinion, I just couldn't see trading for mine unless I got the 4x4. It's not a huge difference in price to me. But that was part of the reason for trading, better mpg, 4x4, smaller and have always wanted a Yota 4x4. Couldn't see settling for a pre-runner. I dont want to offend anyone with the pre's, it's just that even though I dont use the 4x4 that much I love knowning it's there when I need it. I did consider the off road but couldn't find one with the JBL package.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post

I almost posted a coment on that thread about some saying they couldn't afford the 4x4, but didn't want to open another can. In my opinion, I just couldn't see trading for mine unless I got the 4x4. It's not a huge difference in price to me. But that was part of the reason for trading, better mpg, 4x4, smaller and have always wanted a Yota 4x4. Couldn't see settling for a pre-runner. I dont want to offend anyone with the pre's, it's just that even though I dont use the 4x4 that much I love knowning it's there when I need it. I did consider the off road but couldn't find one with the JBL package.
Alot of times the price isnt even the issue. Some people dont want to pay for something they dont need. At one time, all of my vehicles were 4 wheel drive. I found that my DD truck, I had only enguaged 4 wheel drive exactly one time, in 4 years. And only to see if the knob still turned. So, I decided to get the Prerunner, and make it more comfortable for the off roading I do in it.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
It just all goes to what's important to you, if you're going to be in deep mud/snow, get a 4x4, if you're truck rarely goes off road apart from recreation you might rather spend the extra $$ on comfort or aesthetics. Also giving shit to PreRunner guys for offroading for fun just seems stupid on here, we're just trying to do what 90% of this forum wants to do, have fun with our trucks, and the only way you're going to learn the limits of yourself and your vehicle is by pushing it a little, which may result in getting in some bad situations.