Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

new battery???

Old 03-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
new battery???

any suggestions gotta get a new one tomorrow???
Old 03-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

up
Old 03-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I researched hard.. I came to the conclusion that I didn't need an Optima. I got a Duralast Gold. It does what I need it to do. Consumer Reports rates it very high.

Don't over think it, unless you are running a big stereo, you can probably get away with just about anything. Go for the best warranty.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
Hot Steppa

and for the price???
Old 03-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #5
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
and for the price???
I think it was $90. The warranty is 72 months for my region.

Edit: Warranty is 84 months. Just checked Autozone's website.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
I needed one at 9pm on a Sun. night a couple months ago so I went to Walmart and bought an Everstart Maxx. Made in the U.S by Johnson Controls which makes Toyota and Motorcraft batteries and several other brands.3 yr. free replacement.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #7
Hot Steppa

sweet
Old 03-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #8
Hot Steppa

if i get the red top which would be the one to get???? or you suggest i get the red top???
Old 03-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #9
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
If you need a high performance battery, get a sears die hard platinum or am optima. If you need a good battery for just starting your truck get a duralast gold.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #10
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The Optima spiral batteries are significantly lighter than regular batteries.

Optima Yellow Top D35 is 36 lb:
http://www.optimabatteries.com/optim...wtop/specs.php

Sears DieHard Platinum is 50 lb:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...35000P#ppspecs

A battery with large reserve capacity improves your chances of not getting stranded if the alternator dies from your own doing (mudding, fording a river, etc.). So think about how you intend to use the truck. For city driving, where a repair shop is a short tow away, a large reserve is not as critical.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #11
Hot Steppa

well i drive all over soo i will need the reserve battery. so the optima wont be any good???
Old 03-13-2011, 11:06 PM   #12
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Not true, my optima has a 120 min r/c the platinums only has 100.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #13
Hot Steppa

instead of getting the d35 we have to get this one instead right the yellow top
Optima D75/25 battery
Old 03-13-2011, 11:23 PM   #14
He bowls overhand
fastguy95 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chubbs
fastguy95's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to fastguy95
The optimas I hear are great(whether you get the red or yellow top), but I've also read that makers of Odyssey batteries(expensive a$$ batteries) also produce the Sears Die Hard Platinum batteries!

So you can get an Odyssey battery for the price of a Die Hard battery.

But as others said, if you don't offroad, go mudding, or have high powered electronics that will suck up battery juice, the Duralast gold or hell, even Costco batteries will suffice just fine.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #15
Hot Steppa

i have sounds in my truck and i drive everyday. so will the yellow top fit or will i have to modify the terminals???
Old 03-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #16
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a Sears diehard only because it was a Saturday afternoon & my battery died. The Toyota dealership wasn't open (later I found out Toyota OEM battery was cheaper than the $130 diehard I bought. I checked the auto parts stores, but their batteries didn't meet the CCA that my original battery came with.

I'm a huge fan of the Optima. I run 3 of them in my boat. But if you don't need an Optima. I would get one from Toyota. My original battery lasted 5 years.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #17
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
I researched hard.. I came to the conclusion that I didn't need an Optima. I got a Duralast Gold. It does what I need it to do. Consumer Reports rates it very high.

Don't over think it, unless you are running a big stereo, you can probably get away with just about anything. Go for the best warranty.
agreed, dont go too crazy over it. Personally, I'd get the sears platinum or fork out extra $ for odyssey, however, I dont think theres anything wrong w/ optima either.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #18
Hot Steppa

so what the deal with the yellow top terminal. do we have to modify them.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:15 AM   #19
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
walmart battery, keep the receipt in the car. They are often bad in the box as it were, but you're never more than 40 feet from a walmart. Just keep a wrench and a list of your radio stations. cheap and sometimes just fine. If not walmart than Costco.