Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

newbie with AAL vs TSB ?s

Old 03-14-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
Gravity is on a distinguished road
Gravity's Tacoma Gallery
newbie with AAL vs TSB ?s

Hi Guys,
Newbie here w/ a 09 TRD Sport DC. Had it a few weeks now and time to let the fun begin with mods. just dropped a afe ProDry in and got a few mpg's out of it!

Time for the suspension upgrades. The spring tsb has not been done yet and before I do it I'm curious what would ultimately be better. I will be installing a Leer shell in the near future and will be towing a Evolution E3 popup trailer from time to time. Money aside, what would give me a slight lift and best load/ride quality. the TSB spring or something lke the .toytec AAL? not interested in more than 1.5-2" lift max and I will do the 5100s all around. time is very precious with family/work so I don't want to waste a full day for the dealer to perform the tsb if the toytec or other AAL is better longterm investment.

Thanks for the help - tried searching but way to many threads and I don't have the time to read every one
Old 03-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
rocesride is on a distinguished road
rocesride's Tacoma Gallery
Bump...same question here...
Old 03-23-2011, 06:27 AM   #3
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
TSB springs are basically an AAL lift, since your going from 3 to 4 leaf springs. With either, the ride is better with it loaded with the shell. I would go TSB if it is free and AAL if not. With the TSB, you will be getting new leaf packs.