Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

wobble from rear on take off...

Old 03-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
OH9 is on a distinguished road
OH9's Tacoma Gallery
wobble from rear on take off...

Thanks for some good tips guys. I got it back from the shop and they told me that all these models do this. Wobble on initial take off and vibrate from 15mph to 25mph. I guess I will try tires next, still have the stock ones on. I guess there could be a flat spot.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
drwalker65 is on a distinguished road
Army: 4th Infantry Division
drwalker65's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen. Slipping on Quality

Mine does it. Im so disappointed with my new 2010 Dbl cab. Thinking of taking a hit and trading it in. Ive owned three other Tacoma trucks and i gotta say this 2nd generation truck is terrible. Shakes on take off, blower motor on order and waiting for 2 months now. leaf springs replaced, shutters in driveline when slowing down between 30-20mph, motor has very loud valve clatter, squeaky passenger seat when not occupied. Truck has 16,000 miles Lets face it fellas, Toyota has fallen off !!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I've been a huge Toyota fan most of my life but things are slipping at Toyota.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
OH9 is on a distinguished road
OH9's Tacoma Gallery
Wow!!! My 09 does all of those things, sooo disappointed
Old 04-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwalker65 View Post
Mine does it. Im so disappointed with my new 2010 Dbl cab. Thinking of taking a hit and trading it in. Ive owned three other Tacoma trucks and i gotta say this 2nd generation truck is terrible. Shakes on take off, blower motor on order and waiting for 2 months now. leaf springs replaced, shutters in driveline when slowing down between 30-20mph, motor has very loud valve clatter, squeaky passenger seat when not occupied. Truck has 16,000 miles Lets face it fellas, Toyota has fallen off !!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I've been a huge Toyota fan most of my life but things are slipping at Toyota.
Fix the blower motor yourself. They're going to replace the blower motor and in a couple months it'll be back to it. I looked up the blower motor tick fix here (I was out of warranty) and fixed it myself. The noise hasn't come back and I couldn't believe how simple the fix was. There are 2 leveling set screws and all it takes is an adjustment and some lubricant. The squeek is caused by the motor sitting off balance in the housing. Here's the link to the fix I used.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...p-low-fix.html

I've been fighting with Toyota on the other crap with my 2007. They said there's no noise or vibration even though it's clearly present... This is my first Toyota and I'll keep it for a long time to come, but I'd have to think good and hard before buying another one. Only reason I'm keeping it this long is I've got so much time and money invested and it's finally set up the way I want. I'm on my third set of leaf springs now. I got the TSB at 10,000 miles because the stock 3-leaf pack was a joke. I've now flattened out the TSB set and replacing them again at 45,000 miles.