Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

so hit my first deer last night

Old 03-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
so hit my first deer last night

as the title states yep, hit a deer while driving on campus at like 1 last night.
I have a Avid light bar and it held up really good.

was going about 45 when i saw three of them so started to slow down then the fourth jumped out at me and i hit him i think around 30 or so.

the deer looked to have broken both back legs, and i gave it time to see if they were just placed weird but he wasnt moving and making alot of noise so i helped him out a litte. then gave him to my buddy for meat.

deer should know better than to run out infront of a tacoma, they'll always lose.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
OKWalker is on a distinguished road
OKWalker's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to see a picture of your light bar post-impact.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
KCCO!!!
MrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Honorable discharge
MrJKC's Tacoma Gallery

JK hope all is ok
Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
gpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
gpend5.7sport's Tacoma Gallery
my cousin seems to hit deer all the time in oklahoma and his chevy is always fuuuuugged up lol good to hear the truck is really tore up.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
At least your ok and the deer went to use
Old 03-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you didn't get hurt and the Tacoma held up. Mmmmmm venison.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #8
No way, get real
silvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
silvertaco82's Tacoma Gallery
Drilled a deer a couple months ago in my truck doing 40. Got out cut its throat and threw it in the back, not a scratch on the truck.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
Taco Truck Noob
Jefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Jefenator's Tacoma Gallery
Friggin' road rats... that's a big reason I quit riding motorcycles.

A light bar up front is starting to sound real good!

Glad you're OK!
Old 03-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #11
F-125Racer is on a distinguished road

F-125Racer's Tacoma Gallery

I hate deer.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #12
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
haha from the looks of the pic, they hate you too
Old 03-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
dang
Old 03-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #14
brians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brian
brians05taco's Tacoma Gallery
wow thats some damage poor tacoma
Old 03-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #15
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i'll post up some pics of the bar. no pics off the deer though,killed it and he had it done in no time.

it only bent the bar about two or three inches.pushed entire right side in, scratched the bottom of the bumper but nothing more than a scratch, was lucky.

and dang racer sorry to hear about your taco.

hope everything turned out good
Old 03-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #16
chugchug is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
chugchug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-125Racer View Post

I hate deer.
But they taste good
Old 03-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #17
Taco Truck Noob
Jefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Jefenator's Tacoma Gallery
Sure makes a loud impact, doesn't it?

I was super lucky - just cracked a running light lens and sheared off a mirror (in my old Nissan). But I was still plenty impressed.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #18
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
yeah it is pretty loud.

and pics will come this weekend sometime