Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

leather wrapped steering wheel-wearing out

Old 09-15-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
yance is on a distinguished road
yance's Tacoma Gallery
leather wrapped steering wheel-wearing out

My 07 has 33k on it and the leather on the wheel is wearing thin already. Anyone think it could get replaced under warranty? Anyone else experienced this? I think the previous owner had some super sweat that has ate it up?
Old 09-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #2
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
My 07 has 16K and I was noticing some wear on mine also. I would try the dealer but all they will do is replace the steering wheel if anything. I doubt they will fix it but you can find some good ones on google or you can take it to your local upholstery shop and have them fix it.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:31 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yance View Post
My 07 has 33k on it and the leather on the wheel is wearing thin already. Anyone think it could get replaced under warranty? Anyone else experienced this? I think the previous owner had some super sweat that has ate it up?
you know....i noticed that on the 06 that i had before i got my 04. the leather got looking really bad. have you tried cleaning and conditioning it yet???

something i did that worked great was get some woolite in a spray bottle...just a bit though, and mix with water. spray it on a rag and work in real good, and you'll notice alot of crap come off of it. then, i used some leather conditioner and worked it in real good, then a coat of nanowax nanoprotectant(303 aerospace will work alot better),and it got looking pretty good.

if that doesnt work, good luck with getting it fixed under warranty.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #4
yance is on a distinguished road
yance's Tacoma Gallery
The leather itself is thin. So I think cleaning it is a little late. I just wonder if they will look at this as a wear item or warranty issue? I guess I will just have to try.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yance View Post
The leather itself is thin. So I think cleaning it is a little late. I just wonder if they will look at this as a wear item or warranty issue? I guess I will just have to try.
let us know how it goes man. hopefully, they will do something for you.