Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How much to offer on new Tacoma?

Old 03-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
How much to offer on new Tacoma?

Narrowed my choice down to a 2011 access cab, 2.7 4x4 SR5.
After a $500 grard rebate and another $500 one that is the current promotions, the base price is
$28 025 + freight/tax CAN
So what would be the lowest offer anyone thinks I will get it for? Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoter16 View Post
Really? Will they sell for that cheap? I honestly have no sweet clue
Old 03-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
RiderOnTheStorm will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
RiderOnTheStorm's Tacoma Gallery
I've been looking at the exact same Taco - although with a stick, which saves a few dollars! What I have learned from websites as well as this forum, there seems to be between 13-15% markup. So if you really wanted to play hard ball, start negotiating at $23,800 (28k*85%). If you can get it for 24,XXX less those incentives, you might come away pretty decent.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderOnTheStorm View Post
I've been looking at the exact same Taco - although with a stick, which saves a few dollars! What I have learned from websites as well as this forum, there seems to be between 13-15% markup. So if you really wanted to play hard ball, start negotiating at $23,800 (28k*85%). If you can get it for 24,XXX less those incentives, you might come away pretty decent.
Thanks. Are you sure the markup would be the same here in Canada as the States?
Old 03-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #5

Oh, I was also looking at a standard too. Couldnt decide so I just picked auto. Might change my mind tomorrow again though lol
Old 03-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Thanks. Are you sure the markup would be the same here in Canada as the States?
Well you can see by my post count, I am not the most experienced here but I would find it hard to believe that there would be a huge difference. Maybe shipping costs change so there could be a less margin to work with? I think between 13%-18% would be good, so use 15% as a starting point.

And definitely keep me posted with what you get and how you like her - either manual or auto! I would love a first hand opinion on a truck I am very close to purchasing! Best of luck buddy!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
Quote:
Oh, I was also looking at a standard too. Couldnt decide so I just picked auto. Might change my mind tomorrow again though lol
I don't think you could go wrong with either, honestly. I think the manual would just give it a "sportier" feel, but let's be serious it's a truck, not a hot rod haha...
Old 03-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #9
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought mine in January. Make sure you price everything out EXACTLY through sites like Edmunds so you get a basic feel of what the actual price is... then undercut it by at least $500. Keep this number to yourself, use the internet sales department of a couple different dealerships and ask them what their best price is. Pit them against each other, and don't be afraid to give them a white lie - "Yeah, I'd like to buy from you, but there's another dealer coming in under your price" even if they are the lowest bidder. Just be confident, don't waver, and stick by your word when the deal is agreed upon. At least this is one approach to take in the States... Good luck!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #10
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Go onto carsdirect.com and see what they price it at. Then don't go in, CALL their "internet sales dept" and get a price.

As mentioned above, call multiple places and make them work against one another, then go in with a paper and price in hand, do NOT negotiate by monthly payments. And, yea, edmunds FTW.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #11
wombat has much to be proud ofwombat has much to be proud ofwombat has much to be proud ofwombat has much to be proud ofwombat has much to be proud ofwombat has much to be proud ofwombat has much to be proud ofwombat has much to be proud ofwombat has much to be proud ofwombat has much to be proud of

wombat's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought my 2011 4x4 SR5 Access Cab for $500 under invoice.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #13
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Narrowed my choice down to a 2011 access cab, 2.7 4x4 SR5.
After a $500 grard rebate and another $500 one that is the current promotions, the base price is
$28 025 + freight/tax CAN
So what would be the lowest offer anyone thinks I will get it for? Thanks
the key is to find out their cost, and decide how much over that it's worth to you, or that you're willing to pay. it's generally not hard to find out their cost. here in the US, they will fax you their invoice if you ask the right person.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #14
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
like standing cow suggested.

- you can not be afraid to travel some +-150miles lets say

1. Carsdirect.com then call a couple places and get prices and find out what colors they have..
2. play the game that they don't have your color/ option ***wink wink** but really they do ....

3. ask them bottom line $$ for the color/option they have saying Place "X" has what I want - motivated dealer will make it work.

BAMM money saved for instant mods
Old 03-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
like standing cow suggested.

- you can not be afraid to travel some +-150miles lets say

1. Carsdirect.com then call a couple places and get prices and find out what colors they have..
2. play the game that they don't have your color/ option ***wink wink** but really they do ....

3. ask them bottom line $$ for the color/option they have saying Place "X" has what I want - motivated dealer will make it work.

BAMM money saved for instant mods
LOL, anyone who says "BAMM" in their posts makes me happy!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #16

Thanks for the help guys, and I actually have 3 dealerships im going to, so they will have to fight it out lol
Old 03-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #17
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Do search on here some young cat asked this a week or so ago,Put in buying my first car. good luck
Old 03-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #18
Thucker is on a distinguished road
Thucker's Tacoma Gallery
When I bought my truck dealer wanted 32k, I offered them 27k. I held my ground for the most part and walked out with the truck for 28.5k. Mine is a DC LB V6 Sports though. But this gives you an idea of how much of a markup dealers put on their vehicles and how much they can come down.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #19
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jan (Pronounced Yan)
JanBoothius's Tacoma Gallery
Bought my 2010 4x4 V6 TRD Offroad Access Cab for $26,500 before tax... You should be able to work something out below 25!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #20
andrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the rough
andrew's Tacoma Gallery
28,000 seems way to high for anything not TRD...but then again you are in Canda.