Notices

Dealer mechanic may be wrong

Old 03-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
Gold Member
The Yota is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
The Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer mechanic may be wrong

I have a 2011 PreRunner Sport. Not doing any serious off-road and wanting alittle lift for bigger tires in the future. Went to dealership for ordering of the tsb. Ask mechanic about bilstein 5100 for front and he said that would make my truck ride like shit on the road and would not like it. He said to go with a 1 inch spacer and it wouldn't affect the ride. Don't want to F-UP my ride whats best for what I need.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yota View Post
I have a 2011 PreRunner Sport. Not doing any serious off-road and wanting alittle lift for bigger tires in the future. Went to dealership for ordering of the tsb. Ask mechanic about bilstein 5100 for front and he said that would make my truck ride like shit on the road and would not like it. He said to go with a 1 inch spacer and it wouldn't affect the ride. Don't want to F-UP my ride whats best for what I need.
Mine's stock, but it makes sense that a spacer will keep the same exact ride quality you have now. Other's will chime in on ride quality with the 5100s but most likely stiffer than stock for sure. Spacer may be a good option if you really just want the look of bigger tires.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Your dealer isnt that bright. Odds are, he's trying to push you to what they sell. Look around the site, and see what others are running.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Spacer = Shitty ride
Old 03-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
Firsttaco is on a distinguished road

Firsttaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have spacers on my truck, if i could go back knowing what I know now I would stay far away from the spacers and get the 5100s
Old 03-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
Gold Member
The Yota is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
The Yota's Tacoma Gallery
He actually told me I could do the spacers myself and doing the bilstein myself would be a pain. If I went with bilsteins I'd set them at .85 I guess.