Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Taco Owner

Old 09-16-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
Who, Me?
JustHerbie is on a distinguished road
JustHerbie's Tacoma Gallery
Talking New Taco Owner

Just put money down on an 09 Double Cab Long Bed 4x4 in Super White. Should be delivered by next Monday. I'm much more excited about this than I should be!

I ordered it with the TRD Sport package, the upgraded 6 disc stereo, the tow package and heated leather seats.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do to it first.

Oh and I'll have pics up as soon as it gets in so no worries there!

Herbie
Old 09-16-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Banned
poleman72 is an unknown quantity at this point
poleman72's Tacoma Gallery
Please don't forget to include pics of the "heated leather" - Tacos don't come in leather. Frontiers do.

Also I don't get why people buy a long bed with a double cab. The short bed would be easier to park and get around tight place. visibility would be easier too.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw!!! gonna be a great truck!!!!

and to poleman..........some people need the bed space and cab space.........and thats why they make and sell the dc with the long bed.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
Ask for forgiveness than permission
ShorelineFab will become famous soon enoughShorelineFab will become famous soon enough

ShorelineFab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by poleman72 View Post

Also I don't get why people buy a long bed with a double cab.
Cause they look Good!!!

Old 09-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShorelineFab View Post
Cause they look Good!!!

hell yeah they are nice!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Welcome to TW. Congrats on your new truck.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #7
Who, Me?
Quote:
Please don't forget to include pics of the "heated leather" - Tacos don't come in leather. Frontiers do.

Also I don't get why people buy a long bed with a double cab. The short bed would be easier to park and get around tight place. visibility would be easier too.

Thanks for the welcome!

I need the space inside for my family and outside for all of my toys! I considered the short bed and a trailer but decided I'd rather just have the Long Bed.

Oh and the heated Leather seats are a new option on the 09's. Feel free to go to Toyota's website and built your own and look under accessories if you'd like. But I will be posting pics of the interior as well as I know there are probably several people who will want to know where the switches for the heated seats are located. The dealer doesn't know because mine is the first they have ordered with it.

Herbie
Old 09-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #8
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a sweet tacoma Herbie, Congrats on the purchase! Are you gonna be able to sleep until Monday or what???????????? Welcome to TW too!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:42 PM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHerbie View Post
Thanks for the welcome!

I need the space inside for my family and outside for all of my toys! I considered the short bed and a trailer but decided I'd rather just have the Long Bed.

Oh and the heated Leather seats are a new option on the 09's. Feel free to go to Toyota's website and built your own and look under accessories if you'd like. But I will be posting pics of the interior as well as I know there are probably several people who will want to know where the switches for the heated seats are located. The dealer doesn't know because mine is the first they have ordered with it.

Herbie
I tried the Toyota configurator with the specs of your truck and I don't see the accessory. Pls help.

http://www.toyota.com/byt/pub/init.d...ng=en#interior
Old 09-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #10
Who, Me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
Sounds like a sweet tacoma Herbie, Congrats on the purchase! Are you gonna be able to sleep until Monday or what???????????? Welcome to TW too!
Thanks for the welcome, and no, I'm sure I won't bee sleeping much between now and delivery! I'm going to be scouring this site and others for ideas and mods!

Herbie
Old 09-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome, and no, I'm sure I won't bee sleeping much between now and delivery! I'm going to be scouring this site and others for ideas and mods!

Herbie

Well That will make the time fly by! Lots of good mods out there, PierceTiger has a great sticky on a bunch of good ones, not to mention lifts, new wheels, sliders, exhausts, the list is as endless as how big is the wallet, ya know?
Old 09-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #12
Who, Me?
Quote:
I tried the Toyota configurator with the specs of your truck and I don't see the accessory. Pls help.

http://www.toyota.com/byt/pub/init.d...ng=en#interior

I have copied a built truck just like what I ordered:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ie/Leather.jpg

You can see it listed in the accessory section. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to see it when you tried. I live in Atlanta, but I don't think that would matter. If it does then try zip 30052.

Herbie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../Leather-1.jpg

Here is a bigger picture, I'm not to savvy when it comes to the internet.

Cheers,

Herbie
Old 09-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #13
Who, Me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
Well That will make the time fly by! Lots of good mods out there, PierceTiger has a great sticky on a bunch of good ones, not to mention lifts, new wheels, sliders, exhausts, the list is as endless as how big is the wallet, ya know?
Yeah, the wallet! Ouch! I'm sure I'll start out a bit slow after just putting so much down on the truck itself but I would like to learn more about a lift for it. Something to level it out and allow for slightly larger tires. I'm sure I have a lot of research to do on that subject.

Herbie
Old 09-16-2008, 04:26 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
I have copied a built truck just like what I ordered:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ie/Leather.jpg

You can see it listed in the accessory section. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to see it when you tried. I live in Atlanta, but I don't think that would matter. If it does then try zip 30052.

Herbie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../Leather-1.jpg

Here is a bigger picture, I'm not to savvy when it comes to the internet.

Cheers,

Herbie
Since you picked the TRD Sport pkg, you can only choose the $1749 Leather Sport Seats w/ Dual front Seat Heaters.

I am jealous. I entered your zip code in the toyota website and ended up on a website that lists options I've never seen before for an 09 Tacoma. I think these options are dealer or 3rd-party installed..but I wonder if the factory installs it...hmmm.

I'm in the market for the same truck as you (except I want a silver truck w/ short bed). But now I want heated leather seats too!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #15
Who, Me?
Quote:
Since you picked the TRD Sport pkg, you can only choose the $1749 Leather Sport Seats w/ Dual front Seat Heaters.

I am jealous. I entered your zip code in the toyota website and ended up on a website that lists options I've never seen before for an 09 Tacoma. I think these options are dealer or 3rd-party installed..but I wonder if the factory installs it...hmmm.

I'm in the market for the same truck as you (except I want a silver truck w/ short bed). But now I want heated leather seats too!
I really like the silver but we already have a silver Highlander and I didn't want to duplicate. I really thought about the new Mica Grey but decided I didn't want to have to wash the car every other day with it having a darker color.

I didn't think about the TRD package effecting the available options but it makes sense. I really just wanted the leather personally but my wife was looking at the options with me and gushed at the idea of heated seats! We live in Atlanta, not like it's cold that often but if it makes the wife happy AND gives me some ammo when I start spending on mods...

Herbie

Oh, and the seats are factory according to the dealer.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #16
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

from personal experience it is not harded to park, its just like parking any truck the easiest way to do it is to back up...i have quads and i dont have to worry about leaving the tailgate open...20 sacks of cement wasnt a problem with a long bed...buying wood and taking it to mexico was easy...if u put ur truck to use like some of us maybe ud would understand i dont treat my truck like a benz, i put it to work. no hard feelings
Old 09-16-2008, 05:03 PM   #17
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
like big black said "do work son!"
Old 09-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
from personal experience it is not harded to park, its just like parking any truck the easiest way to do it is to back up...i have quads and i dont have to worry about leaving the tailgate open...20 sacks of cement wasnt a problem with a long bed...buying wood and taking it to mexico was easy...if u put ur truck to use like some of us maybe ud would understand i dont treat my truck like a benz, i put it to work. no hard feelings
So I shouldn't be getting a truck since I want to use it to race (I had plan to put a TRD supercharger on the 09's engine). hmmm, I think this post is convincing me more that I should make my next new vehicle a performance car instead of a truck. I had my eye set on the Lexus ISF $60k V8, or the BMW 335i $45k V6.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #19
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
DC long bed isn't harder to park if you know what you're doing. Personally, I don't like how the DC short bed looks.

Also, when you throw the '09 into reverse, a little tv screen appears in the rear view mirror and lets you see behind you. It's pretty cool.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:09 PM   #20
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

that is an ignorant question. some people need the 6' bed rather then the 5' bed.