Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Taco Owner

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
JustHerbie [OP] JustHerbie is offline
Who, Me?
JustHerbie is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2008, #9109
Location: Georgia
Posts: 37
JustHerbie's Tacoma Gallery
Talking New Taco Owner

Just put money down on an 09 Double Cab Long Bed 4x4 in Super White. Should be delivered by next Monday. I'm much more excited about this than I should be!

I ordered it with the TRD Sport package, the upgraded 6 disc stereo, the tow package and heated leather seats.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do to it first.

Oh and I'll have pics up as soon as it gets in so no worries there!

Herbie
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Banned
poleman72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Joined: Aug 2008, #8371
Location: Virginia
Posts: 91
poleman72's Tacoma Gallery
Please don't forget to include pics of the "heated leather" - Tacos don't come in leather. Frontiers do.

Also I don't get why people buy a long bed with a double cab. The short bed would be easier to park and get around tight place. visibility would be easier too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
tacomaman06's Avatar
Name: Will
Joined: May 2007, #1475
Location: York,South Carolina
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,352
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw!!! gonna be a great truck!!!!

and to poleman..........some people need the bed space and cab space.........and thats why they make and sell the dc with the long bed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
Ask for forgiveness than permission
ShorelineFab will become famous soon enoughShorelineFab will become famous soon enough
 
ShorelineFab's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2008, #6308
Location: The O.C, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 106
ShorelineFab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by poleman72 View Post

Also I don't get why people buy a long bed with a double cab.
Cause they look Good!!!

  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
tacomaman06's Avatar
Name: Will
Joined: May 2007, #1475
Location: York,South Carolina
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,352
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShorelineFab View Post
Cause they look Good!!!

hell yeah they are nice!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
Senior Member
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Ridingontrd's Avatar
Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Joined: May 2008, #6459
Location: Laughlin,N.V
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,934
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Welcome to TW. Congrats on your new truck.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #7
JustHerbie [OP] JustHerbie is offline
Who, Me?
JustHerbie is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2008, #9109
Location: Georgia
Posts: 37
JustHerbie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by poleman72 View Post
Please don't forget to include pics of the "heated leather" - Tacos don't come in leather. Frontiers do.

Also I don't get why people buy a long bed with a double cab. The short bed would be easier to park and get around tight place. visibility would be easier too.

Thanks for the welcome!

I need the space inside for my family and outside for all of my toys! I considered the short bed and a trailer but decided I'd rather just have the Long Bed.

Oh and the heated Leather seats are a new option on the 09's. Feel free to go to Toyota's website and built your own and look under accessories if you'd like. But I will be posting pics of the interior as well as I know there are probably several people who will want to know where the switches for the heated seats are located. The dealer doesn't know because mine is the first they have ordered with it.

Herbie
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #8
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Simon's Mom's Avatar
Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Joined: Apr 2007, #1297
Location: SBurl Vermont
Gender: Chick
Posts: 8,092
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a sweet tacoma Herbie, Congrats on the purchase! Are you gonna be able to sleep until Monday or what???????????? Welcome to TW too!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:42 PM   #9
Banned
poleman72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Joined: Aug 2008, #8371
Location: Virginia
Posts: 91
poleman72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHerbie View Post
Thanks for the welcome!

I need the space inside for my family and outside for all of my toys! I considered the short bed and a trailer but decided I'd rather just have the Long Bed.

Oh and the heated Leather seats are a new option on the 09's. Feel free to go to Toyota's website and built your own and look under accessories if you'd like. But I will be posting pics of the interior as well as I know there are probably several people who will want to know where the switches for the heated seats are located. The dealer doesn't know because mine is the first they have ordered with it.

Herbie
I tried the Toyota configurator with the specs of your truck and I don't see the accessory. Pls help.

http://www.toyota.com/byt/pub/init.d...ng=en#interior
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #10
JustHerbie [OP] JustHerbie is offline
Who, Me?
JustHerbie is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2008, #9109
Location: Georgia
Posts: 37
JustHerbie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
Sounds like a sweet tacoma Herbie, Congrats on the purchase! Are you gonna be able to sleep until Monday or what???????????? Welcome to TW too!
Thanks for the welcome, and no, I'm sure I won't bee sleeping much between now and delivery! I'm going to be scouring this site and others for ideas and mods!

Herbie
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Simon's Mom's Avatar
Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Joined: Apr 2007, #1297
Location: SBurl Vermont
Gender: Chick
Posts: 8,092
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHerbie View Post
Thanks for the welcome, and no, I'm sure I won't bee sleeping much between now and delivery! I'm going to be scouring this site and others for ideas and mods!

Herbie

Well That will make the time fly by! Lots of good mods out there, PierceTiger has a great sticky on a bunch of good ones, not to mention lifts, new wheels, sliders, exhausts, the list is as endless as how big is the wallet, ya know?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #12
JustHerbie [OP] JustHerbie is offline
Who, Me?
JustHerbie is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2008, #9109
Location: Georgia
Posts: 37
JustHerbie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by poleman72 View Post
I tried the Toyota configurator with the specs of your truck and I don't see the accessory. Pls help.

http://www.toyota.com/byt/pub/init.d...ng=en#interior


I have copied a built truck just like what I ordered:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ie/Leather.jpg

You can see it listed in the accessory section. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to see it when you tried. I live in Atlanta, but I don't think that would matter. If it does then try zip 30052.

Herbie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../Leather-1.jpg

Here is a bigger picture, I'm not to savvy when it comes to the internet.

Cheers,

Herbie
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #13
JustHerbie [OP] JustHerbie is offline
Who, Me?
JustHerbie is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2008, #9109
Location: Georgia
Posts: 37
JustHerbie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
Well That will make the time fly by! Lots of good mods out there, PierceTiger has a great sticky on a bunch of good ones, not to mention lifts, new wheels, sliders, exhausts, the list is as endless as how big is the wallet, ya know?
Yeah, the wallet! Ouch! I'm sure I'll start out a bit slow after just putting so much down on the truck itself but I would like to learn more about a lift for it. Something to level it out and allow for slightly larger tires. I'm sure I have a lot of research to do on that subject.

Herbie
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:26 PM   #14
Banned
poleman72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Joined: Aug 2008, #8371
Location: Virginia
Posts: 91
poleman72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHerbie View Post
I have copied a built truck just like what I ordered:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ie/Leather.jpg

You can see it listed in the accessory section. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to see it when you tried. I live in Atlanta, but I don't think that would matter. If it does then try zip 30052.

Herbie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../Leather-1.jpg

Here is a bigger picture, I'm not to savvy when it comes to the internet.

Cheers,

Herbie
Since you picked the TRD Sport pkg, you can only choose the $1749 Leather Sport Seats w/ Dual front Seat Heaters.

I am jealous. I entered your zip code in the toyota website and ended up on a website that lists options I've never seen before for an 09 Tacoma. I think these options are dealer or 3rd-party installed..but I wonder if the factory installs it...hmmm.

I'm in the market for the same truck as you (except I want a silver truck w/ short bed). But now I want heated leather seats too!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #15
JustHerbie [OP] JustHerbie is offline
Who, Me?
JustHerbie is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2008, #9109
Location: Georgia
Posts: 37
JustHerbie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by poleman72 View Post
Since you picked the TRD Sport pkg, you can only choose the $1749 Leather Sport Seats w/ Dual front Seat Heaters.

I am jealous. I entered your zip code in the toyota website and ended up on a website that lists options I've never seen before for an 09 Tacoma. I think these options are dealer or 3rd-party installed..but I wonder if the factory installs it...hmmm.

I'm in the market for the same truck as you (except I want a silver truck w/ short bed). But now I want heated leather seats too!
I really like the silver but we already have a silver Highlander and I didn't want to duplicate. I really thought about the new Mica Grey but decided I didn't want to have to wash the car every other day with it having a darker color.

I didn't think about the TRD package effecting the available options but it makes sense. I really just wanted the leather personally but my wife was looking at the options with me and gushed at the idea of heated seats! We live in Atlanta, not like it's cold that often but if it makes the wife happy AND gives me some ammo when I start spending on mods...

Herbie

Oh, and the seats are factory according to the dealer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #16
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Marioso's Avatar
Joined: May 2008, #6790
Location: San diego Ca
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,261
Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by poleman72 View Post
Please don't forget to include pics of the "heated leather" - Tacos don't come in leather. Frontiers do.

Also I don't get why people buy a long bed with a double cab. The short bed would be easier to park and get around tight place. visibility would be easier too.
from personal experience it is not harded to park, its just like parking any truck the easiest way to do it is to back up...i have quads and i dont have to worry about leaving the tailgate open...20 sacks of cement wasnt a problem with a long bed...buying wood and taking it to mexico was easy...if u put ur truck to use like some of us maybe ud would understand i dont treat my truck like a benz, i put it to work. no hard feelings
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:03 PM   #17
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Marioso's Avatar
Joined: May 2008, #6790
Location: San diego Ca
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,261
Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
like big black said "do work son!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #18
Banned
poleman72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Joined: Aug 2008, #8371
Location: Virginia
Posts: 91
poleman72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
from personal experience it is not harded to park, its just like parking any truck the easiest way to do it is to back up...i have quads and i dont have to worry about leaving the tailgate open...20 sacks of cement wasnt a problem with a long bed...buying wood and taking it to mexico was easy...if u put ur truck to use like some of us maybe ud would understand i dont treat my truck like a benz, i put it to work. no hard feelings
So I shouldn't be getting a truck since I want to use it to race (I had plan to put a TRD supercharger on the 09's engine). hmmm, I think this post is convincing me more that I should make my next new vehicle a performance car instead of a truck. I had my eye set on the Lexus ISF $60k V8, or the BMW 335i $45k V6.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #19
Senior Member
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold
 
Mz_TazComa's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2008, #9214
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 257
Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
DC long bed isn't harder to park if you know what you're doing. Personally, I don't like how the DC short bed looks.

Also, when you throw the '09 into reverse, a little tv screen appears in the rear view mirror and lets you see behind you. It's pretty cool.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:09 PM   #20
Senior Member
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
Joined: Oct 2007, #3040
Location: east islip, ny
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 728
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by poleman72 View Post
Please don't forget to include pics of the "heated leather" - Tacos don't come in leather. Frontiers do.

Also I don't get why people buy a long bed with a double cab. The short bed would be easier to park and get around tight place. visibility would be easier too.
that is an ignorant question. some people need the 6' bed rather then the 5' bed.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new taco owner, former mopar 12+ year owner oshawa tacoma Canada 2 09-17-2011 08:40 PM
Soon to be taco owner frawressvictoly 1st Gen. Tacomas 31 09-13-2011 07:18 AM
New Taco owner b52weapons New Members 4 09-27-2010 05:40 PM
New Taco owner JDz08taco New Members 3 09-01-2008 02:59 AM
Hi all, new (to me) taco owner. telcobilly New Members 3 02-11-2008 05:30 AM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.