Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

05+ Tacoma Body Armor

Old 03-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
RocKrawler is on a distinguished road
RocKrawler's Tacoma Gallery
05+ Tacoma Body Armor

The cool thing about working in the industry is seeing all the cool new stuff that hasnt been released to the public. Even cooler is getting to babysit a manufacturers SEMA vehicle at the shop. The guys from Body Armor decided to drop off their newest show piece at our store in Temecula, and I wanted to throw out the invitation for anyone interested to come by and drool over it while its here. Some of the cool features are front winch mount AND the only bumper I know of to allow the use of the Tacoma factory fog lights if desired (no need to spend hundreds more on aftermarket lights if you dont want to). The rear has an optional tire carrier (and soon a single fuel or water can & light lift jack mount). The steps are tucked up for maximum clearance and the trail rack is still being developed. Pricing is extremely competitive and quality is top notch, but come by and see it for yourself! I cant quote pricing over the forums, so drop by or call for info!

4WP 27310 Madison Ave, Ste 104. Temecula CA 92590 951-491-0923 Terry
Old 03-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
DonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: don
DonnoD's Tacoma Gallery
wow!!! i love the roof/bed rack
Old 03-17-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: luke
luk3's Tacoma Gallery
SICK
Old 03-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I like it
Old 03-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #6
medic is on a distinguished road
Navy: Flight Deck Director
medic's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder what it would look like with a 3" lift?..........
Old 03-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #7
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I'll keep my opinions to myself..........
I won't.

Front bumper is too large, but does throw out more variety in the market then like allpros/relentless.

The rack is kinda cool but I don't like the forward angle of the back.

I like the rear bumper though.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Looks cool wonder how secure the roof rack is?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #9
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
I like the roof/bed rack as well but I too wonder what the weight capacity may be on it.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #10
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks like I can bend it by hand......

Thats what I would be afraid of.... it certainly appears that way.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Heavily armored truck with mudflaps, no exhaust reroute, and intact bedsides.

Cute, I guess. I'm not surprised where this is all happening...cough cough.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #12
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll keep my opinions to myself..........
yup
Old 03-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #13
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
That front bumper is super gay. but the rack, and rear bumper is way sick! looks like A LOT of weight though...
Old 03-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #14
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I wish I was close.....

I think we all know what would happen if that was the case....

Old 03-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #15
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
Have any closer pics of the sliders? I think they look cool.
they are the only part that does look good. Not for trails, but they look good
Old 03-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #16
Quote:

The fog lights are just lol.
They are aftermarkets, the production bumpers will allow the use of the factory Taco bumper fogs. Just tryin' to share some options, we also carry Road Armor, Fab Fours, ARB and more...
Old 03-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #17
Quote:
I was talking about the frog eye effect........
yep.

Quote:
And are the front tow point held on by self tapping screws also?? Man I wish it was close by....
Road trip... everything you are pointing out is through bolted with washers and nuts front & rear.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #18
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguyKC View Post
I like the roof/bed rack as well but I too wonder what the weight capacity may be on it.
i think the capacity for the tie downs is 40? or 80? lbs. so that roof rack isn't going to hold much...
Old 03-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
i think the capacity for the tie downs is 40? or 80? lbs. so that roof rack isn't going to hold much...
200lbs. pull strength.

When you've tied something to them that is only applying a tangential load, you could probably tie down a max payload without any trouble.

I still don't like the look of the roof rack one bit.

Or the rest of this thing for that matter. But meh, I haven't had a chance to inspect it up close, so I really can't say much.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #20
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I love the rear bumper.front kinda bulky(sticks out to much) and the rack is kinda.......... Not sure about it