Notices

Access Cab and Subs

Old 03-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
RiderOnTheStorm will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
RiderOnTheStorm's Tacoma Gallery
Access Cab and Subs

Hey all!

I was curious where you guys and gals install aftermarket subs on the Access Cab Tacomas. I don't think the stock system will cut it, but I also don't want to sacrifice the back two seats because I'd like it for storage and possibly passengers.

If you've got a sub/subs and an Access Cab, please post some pics to give me an idea! Thanks!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
Thanks man!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
cotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of light
cotruckin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cotruckin
I dont believe that they are making the door panels any longer. I am getting ready to work on a box that will house (4) 8" with minimal loss of rear passenger room. Hope to be starting it within the next week or 2.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotruckin View Post
I dont believe that they are making the door panels any longer. I am getting ready to work on a box that will house (4) 8" with minimal loss of rear passenger room. Hope to be starting it within the next week or 2.
Would you post or PM pics when you get done?
Old 03-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #6
cotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of light
Here is what I am planning on doing, completely removing the rear storage since the sub box I have now is not allowing me to use it anyway. I will be running (4) JL 8w3v3's which is replacing my 10" memphis sub. Front top and sides will be MDF and bottom well be fiberglass.
Current:

What I am going to build:

Old 03-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
Wow, that looks sweet. Thanks for the pics...and probably the future project...
Old 03-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
ThunderTaco is on a distinguished road
Navy: CWO
Name: Ryan
ThunderTaco's Tacoma Gallery
subbed. Looking for ideas on how to get a back massage without losing use of my back seats as well.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
has anyone tried the JL stealthbox?
Old 03-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRYLONATOR View Post
has anyone tried the JL stealthbox?
I found this on our site. This might be a solution. I really like how that looks... I hope it sounds good though.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #11
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderOnTheStorm View Post
I found this on our site. This might be a solution. I really like how that looks... I hope it sounds good though.
Yeah that is the problem for me as well! I really want to know how it sounds before I buy it and cut up my console!
Old 03-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #12
Junior Mint
BeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeardedWeirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Whenever I built my system, I replaced the door speakers and added a JL Audio amp to push them. For bass I was going to build a custom sub box, but I had an Infinity Basslink laying around from an old vehicle. So I wired it up and it has been PERFECT for adding bass to the truck. It's by no means a loud, competition sub, but it's loud enough that if I crank the bass output on it, it will blur your vision. I usually keep the remote bass knob barely turned up, but every once in awhile I will really crank it. After I heard how it sounded, I played around with it and found the best mounting location. I bolted it to the back wall between the seats. People can still ride in the seats in a pinch, but it probably wouldn't be comfortable for long trips. Pic:

Old 03-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #13
My buddy that is helping me with this enclosure has been doing audio or MANY years, so he is going to help me get the airspace dialed in for optimum sound. I am excited to get this in because I am sick of the center sub enclosure in the back.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #14
spatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to behold
Army: 2-12 Infantry 4BDE 4ID
Name: Josh
spatchley's Tacoma Gallery
Here is mine
Old 03-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #15
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spatchley View Post
Here is mine
that looks really good. where did you get the box made at?
Old 03-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #16
vierzwanzig is on a distinguished road
vierzwanzig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
+1

I just took delivery of '11 access cab and I would like something like this for myself. Was it a DIY project? Looks like the pic was taken at a stereo shop... Can I assume it was done by them?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #17
nadera17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nader
nadera17's Tacoma Gallery
I put a Kicker box behind my seat and just lost one back seat but I keep the storage in the back...
Old 03-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRYLONATOR View Post
Yeah that is the problem for me as well! I really want to know how it sounds before I buy it and cut up my console!
Definitely agree! Crutchfield had 2 reviews and they were positive. It's a 500 watt RMS unit which I think would be more than enough! I definitely want to hear it though.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by spatchley View Post
Here is mine
That is sick.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:49 AM   #20
spatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to behold
Army: 2-12 Infantry 4BDE 4ID
Name: Josh
spatchley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vierzwanzig View Post
+1

I just took delivery of '11 access cab and I would like something like this for myself. Was it a DIY project? Looks like the pic was taken at a stereo shop... Can I assume it was done by them?

Elite Audio Solutions in Colorado Springs. Check out there website they do alot of great work. You cant see it but they used the stock mounting holes for the center console and factory sub so it is solid as a rock in there. They build stuff and ship it too all they need is a truck to use as a template. It has 2 W310s in it just in case you were wondering.

http://www.eliteaudiosolutions.com/