Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 TRD SPORT, DC, LB, 5100s & TSB DONE

Old 03-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
WoodsCustom is on a distinguished road

Army: Chief Instructor, US Army
WoodsCustom's Tacoma Gallery
2011 TRD SPORT, DC, LB, 5100s & TSB DONE

Hey Guys, I just got my 5100s and TSB Done today. I REALLY like the setup. I can't tell any difference in the ride, but the stance is awesome.

5100s set a 1.75

It's a sin to post without pics so here they are. Not the best, but it at least I have pictures!

STOCK

Better pics coming.

I had the 5000 mile service done also today. Switched from Castrol GTX to Mobil 1. So far, my best mileage has been 17.65, I'm hoping Synthetic can boost that to 18.

I got my shocks from

THANKS TO ALL!

WoodsCustom
Old 03-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I like! This is what I want to do with mine. Want a little bit of lift, not too much since I have a family. Nice!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.

I have this same setup except with a short bed.

Any vibes? I am getting a slight hum from 22-27 MPH, primarily on deceleration.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryWi View Post
Looks good.

I have this same setup except with a short bed.

Any vibes? I am getting a slight hum from 22-27 MPH, primarily on deceleration.

Other than the looks, I can't tell I did a thing to it. VERY happy.

WC
Old 03-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
usnwarrior1 is on a distinguished road
Navy: MA1 (EXW)
Name: Ben
usnwarrior1's Tacoma Gallery
Man I can't wait for tomorrow same set up being looks good!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #6
SmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SmilingMark's Tacoma Gallery
What size are those BFG's? It looks about perfectly level right now, suspect with any load will be front high. Think I'm going wtih 0.85, I don't mind a slight rake and would prefer to be level loaded or while towing.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingMark View Post
What size are those BFG's? It looks about perfectly level right now, suspect with any load will be front high. Think I'm going wtih 0.85, I don't mind a slight rake and would prefer to be level loaded or while towing.

265/70/17 BF GOODRICH AT KO

I am going to Install Airbags soon. I have used them on a lot of trucks in the past. Once installed, no squatting. You could tear stuff up way before it squats.

WC
Old 03-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingMark View Post
It looks about perfectly level right now, suspect with any load will be front high. Think I'm going wtih 0.85, I don't mind a slight rake and would prefer to be level loaded or while towing.
x2

With this same setup mine was 3/8 to 1/2" rake.

I am getting new rims and 265/75/16s on my OR next Thursday and I am debating dropping back down to .85 for the reasons you mention above.

I had around 200 pounds in the bed last week and I was slightly nose high.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
Papas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blue
Papas Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #10
bigcat is on a distinguished road
Name: todd
bigcat's Tacoma Gallery
looks great,did you do anything to the rear
Old 03-19-2011, 04:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
looks great,did you do anything to the rear

T-SB 0359-10

WC
Old 03-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #13
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice. It looks right, as it ought to be.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice
Old 03-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #15

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsCustom View Post
I am going to Install Airbags soon. I have used them on a lot of trucks in the past. Once installed, no squatting. You could tear stuff up way before it squats.

WC
That may be the way to go.

Does it stiffen the ride too much?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:36 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryWi View Post
That may be the way to go.

Does it stiffen the ride too much?
If you cram 40+ pounds of air in there, Yes, it will ride rougher. Below 40 pounds seems to keep a good ride and prevent squatting.

WC
Old 03-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
I see you have the OEM mud flaps, did you have the 265/70/17s on before the lift? and if so did they rub? Do they rub now after the lift? Oh ya - truck looks saaaaweeeeeeeeet!!!

Sure did, I haven't noticed any rubbing. Yesterday afternoon I had the Yoder back in the woods clawing around on some hills looking at some property and never noticed any rubbing.

WC