1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trade in GTI for Tacoma?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SoxTacoma12, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Mar 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM
    tony216

tony216 I like my member

Member:
    NEPA
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR DC
    I went from an RSX type S to a Tacoma. The Tacoma is pretty boring by comparison. I found the gas mileage down right shocking. I missed leather. I still miss a quality service department.

If you can't keep the car, you can always get a motorcycle for a fun-time, fast vehicle.

2. Mar 21, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    jek3fl

jek3fl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    10 DC 4x4 TRD Sport
    5100's at 2.5, rear 1.5" AAL, rear TSB
    I traded in a 2008 Audi TT convertible for my Tacoma. Yes, I miss that car like crazy but I love my truck. Wish I could have had both. If I had to do it over again though, I would.

3. Mar 21, 2011 at 8:47 PM
    drtdvl

drtdvl Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma
    I like this idea and you can use the Taco to haul your bike (assuming you bought a dirt bike).

4. Jun 12, 2011 at 9:21 AM
    gatlin69

gatlin69 Retired?

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    Nerf bars, bug shield,skid plate, coming soon (hopefully) DVD NAV
    I did the exact thing....however I made the change due to medical problems. I love my Tacoma but I miss my GTI every single day.

r2n9yh_d47db689bb83cf1e8a8f2b15ebf5e77c77a72368.jpg

5. Jun 12, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    PPower05

PPower05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Perry
    Ranson, WV
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5
    Tacoma is a great truck, I am really happy... I went from a 2009 370Z, full loaded to the Tacoma. Gas mileage was about 4-5 mpg difference. What a relief!! No longer do I have to worry about snow, and no longer to I have to worry about which way my bags are packed... Toyota (for the most part) is pretty good about fixing things that where broken.. Hearing your story, this is my 2 cents... Every time you purchase a vehicle, you are losing money... You have probably lost a couple thousand in your swap car game. However, a Tacoma is a truck built to last a long while so long as you take proper care of it. Dump the jeep, as it will become a pointless car (I am sorry, I have friends with Jeeps, and there is nothing their Jeeps can do that my truck cant, and I even stay cool with my air conditioning). That is going to save you money (either by monthly payments, maintence, or car insurance). You pretty much know the name of the game when it comes to Tacomas (they really don't change that much from year to year). I agree with your logic about the GTI... People do not realize how complex the wiring is, and they are hard/expensive to work on). I will say my father purchased a Titan, and within 2 years was looking at a Tacoma!

Products Discussed in

To Top