Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Drone Mobile by Compustar

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
jm3280 has a spectacular aura aboutjm3280 has a spectacular aura aboutjm3280 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jay
jm3280's Tacoma Gallery
Drone Mobile by Compustar

Has anyone installed the drone mobile in their Tacoma. I just had mine installed and it is amazing. I did not go with the Premium plan for now but Im sure I will, but looking for some advice if it is worth it or not. So if anyone has signed up for the premium plan, please let me know if it is worth it. Being able to start my truck from anywhere with my iphone is pretty sweet to begin with.
Check it out everyone, it is a awesome piece of equipment. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Thats not cheap! Looks cool but wayyy out of my budget. Like the idea for when I have kids though.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a hackers dream.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, that would suck!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
nadera17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nader
nadera17's Tacoma Gallery
I just got it installed on my truck and I have the premium plan. It works great, I'm going to be making a couple of changes to it. My Aux 1 rolls my windows down, and Aux 2 sets the alarm and locks my tail gate as well. Ask me any questions you have, as I've had compustar in the past too.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #6
jm3280 has a spectacular aura aboutjm3280 has a spectacular aura aboutjm3280 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jay
jm3280's Tacoma Gallery
What year Tacoma do you have? How did you get it to lock your tailgate?
Thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 05:57 AM   #7
nadera17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nader
nadera17's Tacoma Gallery
I have an '09 4-cyl Access Cab. I used the sticky tailgate lock thread with a little modification. Since I have a backup camera, I didn't want to replace my handle. DIY Tailgate Lock

I train dogs and go camping alot, so I didn't want my tailgate to lock automatically with my car doors because often times I want the car locked, but the tailgate will be down. So, I used a magnetic contact (like this one) and the door lock actuators for my Aux 2. So when I press the aux 2 button, the lock engages and the alarm is activated. The alarm is tied into the alarm brain like it's the trunk.

Hope this helps. I've got a crazy work week, but I should be able to take a video of how it works tomorrow or Friday and I can post it here if you want.

Products Discussed in this Thread