Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

#^$@! Broken motor mount

Old 03-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
CaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant future
CaptMorgan's Tacoma Gallery
#^$@! Broken motor mount

Well the title about sums it up, broke the motor mount on 06 double cab yesterday. Need to get it fixed and ASAP, anyone share their experiences on getting theirs fixed? price?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
CaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant future
Off-roading. Turns out it is kinda a commom problem amongst the 05's and guessing early model 06's

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118986
Old 03-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I would go to a local fab shop, I really am not familiar with arizona but SDHQ is over there somewhere give them a call.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
It's actually a common occurrence
Old 03-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
I would go to a local fab shop, I really am not familiar with arizona but SDHQ is over there somewhere give them a call.

Yeah I am going to call tomorrow, they obviously have nice work but I have heard they are pretty expensive and aren't really interested in small jobs anymore since theyve become 'big time'...
Old 03-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMorgan View Post
Yeah I am going to call tomorrow, they obviously have nice work but I have heard they are pretty expensive and aren't really interested in small jobs anymore since theyve become 'big time'...
Is the motor mount broken, or the part that attaches to the frame?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #8
Chris, it looks just like this
Old 03-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Yep, the frame cracked.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Give Will a call at Sierra Expeditions. Im pretty sure they can fix it, and his rates are fair. He's on University, just west of Mclintock
Old 03-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Give Will a call at Sierra Expeditions. Im pretty sure they can fix it, and his rates are fair. He's on University, just west of Mclintock
Just got off the phone, they will give me a ring in the morning to discuss it in more detail. For the mean time I just emailed them some pics I found on the forum :-(

P.S. always wondered where Tenoe AZ is as it states under your username?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #12

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMorgan View Post
Just got off the phone, they will give me a ring in the morning to discuss it in more detail. For the mean time I just emailed them some pics I found on the forum :-(

P.S. always wondered where Tenoe AZ is as it states under your username?
LMAO!!! Inside joke
Old 03-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #13
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
wow! i need to get out more. NEVER would have thought to see that on something that new. have they done anything different w the frames since that year? guess you would think so.???
Old 03-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #14
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
yeah in tacomas built from late 2006 onward they started using a frame gusset to strengthen it. Its all mentioned in the thread on the 3rd post
Old 03-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #15
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
how did this happen?

hope all comes out well for you....
Old 03-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #16
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
how did you know it was broken? the fan started hitting the shroud or something?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
how did this happen?

hope all comes out well for you....
It was off-roading, sucks cause I was just starting to really get into off-roading and now I am just going to be reserved all the time thinking about the truck breaking again. Love my truck and haven't had much bad to say about the truck but this really is a BIG question mark in my head about Toyota, might be thinking Nissan next time i find myself in the market.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #18
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
wow! Im wondering the same thing. Does the 07 and newer trucks have this issue too. or did they re-enforce the frame at the motor mounts.....
Old 03-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
how did you know it was broken? the fan started hitting the shroud or something?
Exactly, it first started off as a metallic grinding that I noticed the last night after I went off-roading. Then today after work I went out and when I started the truck I could hear the something wrong in the motor, after a second it went away. Looked around didn't see nothing so I started it again and when I went to back out is when it became really noticeable what it was
Old 03-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #20
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
off-roading how?

i am with you it shouldnt happen no matter what.

did you jump it or???

just simple wheeling over rocks and whatknot