1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

thermometer & compass

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sabian, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Sep 17, 2008 at 6:58 PM
    sabian

sabian [OP] Active Member

Member:
    northern michigan
    Vehicle:
    SR5 tacoma
    Has anyone ever tried to install a thermometer and compass in to a tacoma that wasn't originally equipped with one. And is it even possible? Ive seen them for sale on this site but am skeptical about trying to install one given the logistics of where this thing is located. I had one on my last truck and kind of miss it but if it's a real pain in the ass to put it in I think I'd rather live with out. Any insight?

2. Sep 17, 2008 at 8:10 PM
    SilverMac

SilverMac Mine's the silver one...

Member:
    Keller, TX
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner DC SR5
    I'd like to do the same thing, but I've been told that it will never be accurate...:confused:

3. Sep 17, 2008 at 8:18 PM
    S_A_Aceman

S_A_Aceman KS National Guard

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    Air Cleaner mod
    I would be willing to bet that all the wiring is in place. All that is needed is to get the OAT sensor in place, plug in the wires and mount the module. The compase is easy to calibrate, and the thermometer shouldnt be too extremely hard

4. Sep 17, 2008 at 8:29 PM
    45longcolt

45longcolt Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    I got one of these with the intention to try it out in the truck. Decided to use it in the house instead. I have the temp/compass console but was going to check the accuracy of it with this one. I like it where it is now as Fall is approaching. Not sure if it would work on a vehicle but might be worth $15 to try. If it doesn't work due to some interference, you can always use it it in the house. :)

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...rmometer&origkw=thermometer&parentPage=search

Products Discussed in

To Top