1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pictures of 6" lift on 35" mud-terrain tires with 16" wheels?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Morrison, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Mar 21, 2011 at 7:38 PM
    Morrison

Morrison [OP] BIG RED

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner 6" lift on 35" BFG Mud-Terrains
    I have an '08 tacoma and currently have 32" nitto all-terrains but I'm about to get a 6" lift and 315/75/16 Maxxis Big Horn mud-terrain tires, which comes out to a little under 35" like 34.6 right? Is that close enough to 35?

I had a 2000 tacoma that had a 3 inch suspension and 3 inch body lift on 33x12.50x15s and I'd like to go bigger than that, so I figure a 6 inch lift on these big horns would make it bigger than my older truck, since the tires are a little bigger and the wheels are an inch bigger too.

So I'd like to get some pics of a 6" lift on 35" mud-terrains with 16 inch wheels if I could, or if someone has 315/75/16 Maxxis Big Horns that would be great.

Thanks guys I appreciate it, I'm sure you guys get these kinds of threads all the time and I searched as much as I could and found a lot of pics but not many that were labeled with size of lift/tires etc.

2. Mar 21, 2011 at 10:13 PM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    There's a good reason you couldn't find 6" lifts with 16" wheels. 16" wheels don't work with a 6" suspension lift (17"+). Only way to get 16" wheels and a 6" lift on a 2nd gen is maybe huge (1.25" Spidertrax) wheel spacers (which was done at least once I saw it) or a 3" lift plus 3" body lift. And depending on what factory traction crud your truck has, you may need to run 18" or larger wheels.

Finding that exact combo and with the specific tires you're looking for won't happen.

3. May 12, 2011 at 3:56 AM
    bertfull

bertfull Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bert
    VA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner 6" Lift/ 33" BFGs/ 16mpg
    3" Procomp susp lift & 3" Body Lift/ SPC UCAs.
    I'll shoot you some pics after I have my 35s installed on my 2nd gen Prerunner w/ 16" wheels.

4. May 12, 2011 at 7:03 AM
    savoy

savoy tacoma 4 life

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Fort mcmurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma double cab black
    Pro comp 6" lift, afe intake, flowmaster duel exhaust, dick cepek 35" mt's, and black XD rims
    I have 35's and a 6" check my profile pic.
    Only issue the front tires bump the wheel wells if i drive over oh. Say a curb. So 35's work but there not pratical for off road

Products Discussed in

To Top