Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The dash creak was too much

Old 09-17-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
The dash creak was too much

I had to take it in and have it looked at. It seems like it's coming from near the windshield. It's real bad when the sun heats up the truck. It drives me crazy. I tried weatherstripping (thanks TheOriginalTXTACO) but it didn't help. They said they would put an insulation kit in there and it was covered by the warranty. I hope it works!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of creaking was it? What dealer ship did you take it too?
Old 09-17-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
What kind of creaking was it? What dealer ship did you take it too?
It sounds like the dash is too tight for the space and is rubbing on something near the windshield. It's like nails on chalkboard to me on every bump of the road. It doesn't really do it in the morning when it's cool out.

I took it to Bell Rd Toyota.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
It sounds like the dash is too tight for the space and is rubbing on something near the windshield. It's like nails on chalkboard to me on every bump of the road. It doesn't really do it in the morning when it's cool out.

I took it to Bell Rd Toyota.
Let me know if it fixes it. I have a "thumping" sound comming from my dash. Maybe different, and it happened after a jump, but Im trying to get this thing narowed down so I can fix it.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:07 AM   #6
tacomans is on a distinguished road
tacomans's Tacoma Gallery
I know the sound you are talking about. Sounds like a high pitch squeak from two pieces rubbing together. Mine makes the sound only on the driver's side and makes my Tacoma feel and sound like a 15 year old truck.

I eventually had to take my truck in and have it looked at, it was driving me nuts, I cringed whenever I hit bumps and heard the squeaks. I had done some searching about this and found out that it is a common complaint on some Toyota vehicles. It is a clip somewhere near the windshield / A pillar and can be fixed and has been in the past.

My dealership said they fixed it but they did not. I'm taking the truck back soon. It seems to be heat / humidy related because it will do it more certain days than others.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:21 AM   #8
lakewoodbilly will become famous soon enoughlakewoodbilly will become famous soon enough

Name: Bill
lakewoodbilly's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to lakewoodbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Let me know if it fixes it. I have a "thumping" sound comming from my dash. Maybe different, and it happened after a jump, but Im trying to get this thing narowed down so I can fix it.
A "jump" as in fly through the air, or a start me up "jump"?
Old 09-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #9
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

The dealership called and said that they won't work on it until Audio Express cleans up thier shitty install job on my viper alarm...So now I have to go get that done and then bring the truck back to the dealership. What a hassle.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexbill View Post
A "jump" as in fly through the air, or a start me up "jump"?
As in, Fly thru the air.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #11
Rwcy Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Rwcy Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem with mine. Here is a link that fixed my problem. Hope it helps out!!

http://matrixowners.com/tsb/TS-NV009-06.pdf
Old 09-24-2008, 04:49 PM   #14
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

I got it back and it seems fine. The dealership guy (really a nice guy) said that it was loose air ducts up behind the stereo...what ever it was, I think it's gone now.