LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Whats it worth and anyone interested 2011 TRD Sport 4x4

Old 03-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #21
K1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kanon
K1992f's Tacoma Gallery
^^ what he said
Old 03-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #22
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
is this a joke?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #23
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The other day I was thinking about selling my Taco for a 06 GTO because I would rather have a fast car again. Then I told myself I should have bought it in the first place instead of my Taco so I'm just going to stick with it.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #24
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think I overlooked this the first time I read the post.. I have never heard of a 20 year 200,000 mile warranty . How much did that set you back? It sounds like your needs changed in a hurry if you are willing to give it up that soon after signing up for a warranty like that.

BTW, I really like the looks of your truck.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #25
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
If the guy wants to sell his truck, let him sell his truck. Jeeze....
Old 03-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #26
K1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

K1992f's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I had money throw around like that
Old 03-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #27
dgreene is on a distinguished road
dgreene's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
sounds like you bought a truck, spent a lot of money on it, want to spend more money on a new boat, so you can buy a bigger truck, that will probably get worse gas mileage the 99% of the time your not hauling your new boat. if i was you, i would do . . . . . . nothing!!! . but that's just me.
The truck got about 13 or 14 miles to gallon and was in and out of overdrive even on flat surface. Towed behing my budies 2010 f250 and got 17 to 18 miles to the gallon and never felt it. Plus 20 to 22 on road thats better than any 4x4 toyota. There is no comparison in the towing on the two trucks and can get a loader king ranch for about 10 grand more.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #28
dgreene's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
I think I overlooked this the first time I read the post.. I have never heard of a 20 year 200,000 mile warranty . How much did that set you back? It sounds like your needs changed in a hurry if you are willing to give it up that soon after signing up for a warranty like that.

BTW, I really like the looks of your truck.
the warranty was part of the deal.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #29

K1992f's Tacoma Gallery
Go trade it in then.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #30
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Like a lot of others have said, better off stripping the aftermarket parts. I can send u fully assembled stock suspension when you're ready to sell me your current setup.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #31
lowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Papa Kurt
lowinhz's Tacoma Gallery
keep the truck and get the boat drydocked of keep it at a marina
Old 03-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #32
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
would re-gearing your truck help keep the truck from popping in and out of gear while towing?
Old 03-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #33
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
U sir Fu¢ked up in spending all that money on the truck ..
Just sell ur parts and restore back 2 stock and trade it in
Old 03-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #34
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreene View Post
. . . . There is no comparison in the towing on the two trucks and can get a loader king ranch for about 10 grand more.
if you got the dough than nobody's stoppin you.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:08 PM   #35
burtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud of
burtonboards32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowinhz View Post
keep the truck and get the boat drydocked of keep it at a marina
i dont know about in GA, but im Massachusetts it would cost me more money to keep a 23+ foot boat at a marina or in a slip than it would to go out and finance a brand new diesel pickup. I would think taking a small hit on the tacoma and adding a little more money onto the monthly payment would be a much wiser idea than paying a marina almost $700 a month (23foot for sake of arguement at $30 a foot) to store your boat.

Something im sure people are not thinking about when the thought of storing a boat IN water, assuming it's salt water, would be resale value on the boat. If you can take the boat out of the water after EVERY use and actually clean it and keep from having to put bottom paint on it every year after the first 2 or 3 years in water, the resale value of the boat will be far better. I would personally rather lose 5-10% of $30,000 from trading in early than lose 5-10% of a $50,000 boat from improper cleaning.

Like others have said, strip your truck if possible and trade it in. If it were me, i would not have the patience for trying to sell a $30k truck outright and would rather take a small hit up front and have exactly what i would want in order to safely and efficiently pull my boat from home to the ramp however far away the ramp is.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #36
dgreene's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonboards32 View Post
i dont know about in GA, but im Massachusetts it would cost me more money to keep a 23+ foot boat at a marina or in a slip than it would to go out and finance a brand new diesel pickup. I would think taking a small hit on the tacoma and adding a little more money onto the monthly payment would be a much wiser idea than paying a marina almost $700 a month (23foot for sake of arguement at $30 a foot) to store your boat.

Something im sure people are not thinking about when the thought of storing a boat IN water, assuming it's salt water, would be resale value on the boat. If you can take the boat out of the water after EVERY use and actually clean it and keep from having to put bottom paint on it every year after the first 2 or 3 years in water, the resale value of the boat will be far better. I would personally rather lose 5-10% of $30,000 from trading in early than lose 5-10% of a $50,000 boat from improper cleaning.

Like others have said, strip your truck if possible and trade it in. If it were me, i would not have the patience for trying to sell a $30k truck outright and would rather take a small hit up front and have exactly what i would want in order to safely and efficiently pull my boat from home to the ramp however far away the ramp is.
Thanks but i sold wheels and tires but do have shocks and coils and just dont think it is worth selling parts because everyone here is going to low ball and why go through that hassle. Totally true on boat but i like to pull and when i go to coast it is about 2hrs and think the wear and tear on the truck will cost lot more in long run also.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #37
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
. I would personally rather lose 5-10% of $30,000 from trading in early than lose 5-10% of a $50,000 boat from improper cleaning.
Quote:
The last vehicle in our study is a compact pickup, the Toyota Tacoma. The Tacoma starts with a MSRP of $20,005 and loses 42% of its value the first year and 59% of its value after 5 years. So, after 5 years, the Tacoma is now worth $8,202 having lost $11,803 in value.

http://fastbadcreditcarloan.com/cate...-depreciation/
The above example is a little out in left field but even if the numbers are 1/2 of the indicated that would still be over $5000 lost.....

According to Edmunds..: 4x4 6cyl DC
Year one depreciation= $4,828

The GREAT resale value of Toyota and Honda shows up after 4 years not in the first three. A 2002 Tacoma is worth far more of its original selling price than an equivalent Domestic...
Old 03-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #38
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
to bad it's not like an '05 to '08 and you lived in north GA. i would consider. '11 i think is too new for my first truck. :/ lol. and mom wont agree to help on it.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:09 AM   #39
burtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud of
burtonboards32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfrog View Post
The above example is a little out in left field but even if the numbers are 1/2 of the indicated that would still be over $5000 lost.....

According to Edmunds..: 4x4 6cyl DC
Year one depreciation= $4,828

The GREAT resale value of Toyota and Honda shows up after 4 years not in the first three. A 2002 Tacoma is worth far more of its original selling price than an equivalent Domestic...

I guess I should have been more clear - those numbers were just for comparison of losing similar money, percentage wise, from the value of a truck and a boat that originally is a lot more money.

But anyways OP, what kind of truck are you thinking about replacing your Tacoma with? You don't have to publicly answer if you dont want to. From the answers to your original question about selling your Tacoma, I can only imagine what others responses will be to your replacing a Tacoma with a Ford (which I personally prefer over taco), Chevy/GMC, or a Dodge.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #40
dgreene's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess I should have been more clear - those numbers were just for comparison of losing similar money, percentage wise, from the value of a truck and a boat that originally is a lot more money.

But anyways OP, what kind of truck are you thinking about replacing your Tacoma with? You don't have to publicly answer if you dont want to. From the answers to your original question about selling your Tacoma, I can only imagine what others responses will be to your replacing a Tacoma with a Ford (which I personally prefer over taco), Chevy/GMC, or a Dodge.
Yea it will be a f250 with the new deisel, have had 3 150's and one 250. Really like the new 250 and new engine. Thanks

Products Discussed in this Thread