LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aries vs Westin: Bull & Nerf Bars

Old 09-18-2008, 05:49 AM   #1
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Aries vs Westin: Bull & Nerf Bars

Save a Little Money with the Aries Products

Or

are the Westin products worth the extra money
Old 09-18-2008, 06:43 AM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Naw save your money the aries is awesome from what i have seen the westin hides there ugly welds with plastic parts over them you wont find that with aries. I eventually want to get rid of mine for a n-fab light bar.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:43 AM   #3
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My cheap 100 dollar neft bars still shine, my friends chrome westin ones are alreay off because they rotted. My opinion is stainless and non name brand.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:43 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
Save a Little Money with the Aries Products

Or

are the Westin products worth the extra money
actually, to me...aries is a little better quality as far as im concerned. look at the bull bars by both...westins have those black cap things in the corners...they cover crappy welds. the aries is welded fully and ground down and polished...just look way better.

with that said...........depending on which one you want....i have a polished stainless aries bull bar in awesome shape, for sale...it came off my 06 prerunner before i traded for my 04. check the buy/sale/trade thread.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:48 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Aries bull bar for sure....

I'm sure Westins are good - but for $50 less, Aries is better.

I had a set of Westin tube steps on my old tacoma. They faired well over the years and I can't complain. That is, until I got high centered on a dirt mound and bent them in half and broke the brackets. Ooops...
Old 09-18-2008, 06:57 AM   #6
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh and btw im getting them in Black
Old 09-18-2008, 07:00 AM   #7
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This is mine before i painted the skid plate black.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #8
MotoNerd
Caddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud of

Caddmannq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
This is mine before i painted the skid plate black.
Is that the Aries? I like it.

I haven't looked at them up close, but I'm thinking about getting brush-finished stainless & clear-coated.

If the set sctratched up you just hit them with a wire wheel and shoot some more clear on them.

(Strictly on-road use for me BTW.)
Old 09-18-2008, 07:08 AM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Yup thats the aires thats why i sprayed bedliner on it in case it got bent or scratched.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:14 AM   #10
Sticks For Troops

If your gonna get rid of it wait till January.. and then donate it to the help the AF guy fund... lol.. kiddin i would be willing to buy it off of you.. if you were goign to upgrade
Old 09-18-2008, 07:16 AM   #11
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Cool i will keep you in kind when i do sell it.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:51 AM   #12
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
I vote Aries, i just got mine last night and it looks awesome... I'm just having trouble getting it straight. Nothing wrong with the product I just didnt have time to get the brackets on square at like 10:30 last night in the dark.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:54 AM   #13
KS National Guard
S_A_Aceman is on a distinguished road

Army: UH-60 Medivac Crewchief
S_A_Aceman's Tacoma Gallery
I was just looking at the Aries product myself, debating on painting the stainless to match the truck, or have Rhino Liner put on it.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #14
Founder Socaltacomas.com

put some bedliner on it its worth it.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:00 AM   #15
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_A_Aceman View Post
I was just looking at the Aries product myself, debating on painting the stainless to match the truck, or have Rhino Liner put on it.
definitely go with bed liner....will hold up better than paint, and the liner material is very durable!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #16
KS National Guard

Ive always liked the all one color thing. Black definitely looks good. Another thought I was working on was painted bar with liner skidplate
Old 09-18-2008, 09:27 AM   #17
Founder Socaltacomas.com

post #17 thats what it looks like with duplicolor spray on bedliner.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-exterior.html
Old 09-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #18
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Westin one because I wanted something with chrome and black to match my steps, the rear bumper and the front of the truck... Plus it was used, so didn't pay full price THEN!!! I saw socalman22's truck where he sprayed his skid plate, so I HAD to do the same. Got some bedliner and sprayed it - going to install it this weekend. Thanks for the idea socalman22.

IR
Old 09-18-2008, 09:29 AM   #19
KS National Guard

Didnt think about that... I cant get the pictures here at work, but will take a look at home tonight. Thanks
Old 09-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #20
Founder Socaltacomas.com

No Prob! and it only cost me 7.99 for one can beats paying some higher price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
I got the Westin one because I wanted something with chrome and black to match my steps, the rear bumper and the front of the truck... Plus it was used, so didn't pay full price THEN!!! I saw socalman22's truck where he sprayed his skid plate, so I HAD to do the same. Got some bedliner and sprayed it - going to install it this weekend. Thanks for the idea socalman22.

IR