Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

take off vibe, carrier bearing, cross member...help

Old 03-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
Twiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant future

Name: Austin
Twiostaco's Tacoma Gallery
take off vibe, carrier bearing, cross member...help

Took my truck to have warranty done on my carrier bearing. They wont honor the warranty because they said the rear cross member is pushed up towards the bed. They say from wheeling and hitting something or possibly car wreck. This caused bad angle of driveline which caused carrier bearing to fail. 1400.00 to get it all repaired (bought truck used) .

I didnt feel the vibes untill after my 2" AAL.

Soooooooo should i try a carrier bearing drop and replace carrier bearing to get it back in alignment???

Or

Should i fork out the cash for a 1 piece driveline?
Old 03-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
bgbdwlf is on a distinguished road
bgbdwlf's Tacoma Gallery
if you have to pay out of your own pocket a one piece drive shaft is less than the repairs. if you plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off i would do the one piece shaft.

i have a lift on mine and no bent crossmember and trying to solve the vibes are going to be the life of me. so i found a driveline shop here that will make a one piece shaft for around $275 to $300 so i think that is my next investment.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
06RadiantRed's Tacoma Gallery
My worst vibe is around 55mph after i installed the carrier bearing drop. Its tolerable but I think down the road I'm going to go with a one piece drive shaft. Maybe once my carrier bearing dies as well.

Tom Woods or get one made? Thats my question.

Do you have any pictures of the crossmember and how it is bent? Curious how bad it actually looks.