1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mod suggestions for 12v rechargeable flash lights and accessories.....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dessertsand05, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Mar 23, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    dessertsand05

dessertsand05 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma DC SR5 4x4
    Working on it
    Had an idea for truck camping....

Has anyone had any luck wiring up some 12v rechargable accessories. I would like hard wire a flash light, two motorolla talkabout radios, and maybe a block of rechargeable "aa" batteries. Mostly for camping and kayaking. I realize they would only charge when you are driving, but the drive to the site would make sure things were charged. Any suggestions on wear to start from someone that has set some thing like that up?

2. Mar 23, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    Anything that has DC power can be hooked up fairly easy. Also, if you find constant power by way of fuse or wire, or just hook up to the battery, you can charge stuff even when the truck is off. Just make sure you hook up a switch and inlined fuse and you're good to go.

Anything that has AC power, you'll need an inverter. But I hardwired my inverter straight to the battery, so I can charge stuff when the truck is off. Just make sure you aren't powering up anything too strong and your truck battery won't die. But if you're merely charging something, your battery will be fine

Products Discussed in

To Top