Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Mod suggestions for 12v rechargeable flash lights and accessories.....

Old 03-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
dessertsand05 is a jewel in the roughdessertsand05 is a jewel in the roughdessertsand05 is a jewel in the roughdessertsand05 is a jewel in the rough
Firefighter:
dessertsand05's Tacoma Gallery
Mod suggestions for 12v rechargeable flash lights and accessories.....

Had an idea for truck camping....

Has anyone had any luck wiring up some 12v rechargable accessories. I would like hard wire a flash light, two motorolla talkabout radios, and maybe a block of rechargeable "aa" batteries. Mostly for camping and kayaking. I realize they would only charge when you are driving, but the drive to the site would make sure things were charged. Any suggestions on wear to start from someone that has set some thing like that up?
Old 03-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Anything that has DC power can be hooked up fairly easy. Also, if you find constant power by way of fuse or wire, or just hook up to the battery, you can charge stuff even when the truck is off. Just make sure you hook up a switch and inlined fuse and you're good to go.

Anything that has AC power, you'll need an inverter. But I hardwired my inverter straight to the battery, so I can charge stuff when the truck is off. Just make sure you aren't powering up anything too strong and your truck battery won't die. But if you're merely charging something, your battery will be fine