Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Modded Taco, New to TW

Old 09-18-2008, 07:40 PM   #21
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
could you post a link to it if you dont mind...where you got it. another member here is looking for one to get pretty soon. thanks man!!
Here's the link to flowmaster.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...cfa10dee606538
Old 09-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTaco View Post
thanks man........janster will appreciate it!!
Old 09-19-2008, 07:46 AM   #23
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
thanks man........janster will appreciate it!!
No problem
Old 09-19-2008, 08:19 AM   #24
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How do you like the sound/performance? Any noticeable difference? I love the look, just not sure if this double exit will cause a loss in low end torque, normally this set up benefits higher rpm hp. Thanks in advance.

Rob
Old 09-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #25
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero niner View Post
How do you like the sound/performance? Any noticeable difference? I love the look, just not sure if this double exit will cause a loss in low end torque, normally this set up benefits higher rpm hp. Thanks in advance.

Rob
Well, the sound is fantastic. It's really noticeable when you get on it, but when you just cruise around it can be as quiet as stock. So it's great for highway use and long drives. I haven't really noticed any torque or HP loss at all. Only a slight gain/less lag. The engine just breathes better.

Sound wise, between 1500 to 3200, it really growls. Then between 3200 and 4000 it kind of loses a little sounds, but right after 4000 rpm, it just screams.

So, I can't complain. I like it.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #27
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Quote:
Well, the sound is fantastic. It's really noticeable when you get on it, but when you just cruise around it can be as quiet as stock. So it's great for highway use and long drives. I haven't really noticed any torque or HP loss at all. Only a slight gain/less lag. The engine just breathes better.

Sound wise, between 1500 to 3200, it really growls. Then between 3200 and 4000 it kind of loses a little sounds, but right after 4000 rpm, it just screams.

So, I can't complain. I like it.
Awesome!!! Thanks for the review, I appreciate the feedback, I'll have to look more at this exhaust, I was originally going to go with Magnaflow but this has me considering Flowmaster! Thanks again!

Rob
Old 09-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #28
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome!!! Thanks for the review, I appreciate the feedback, I'll have to look more at this exhaust, I was originally going to go with Magnaflow but this has me considering Flowmaster! Thanks again!

Rob

The main difference between flowmaster and magnaflow IMO, is that magnaflow is MADE for imports. Therefore, it's going to sound like an import. It's gonna be a little more ricey than the flowmaster. You will get more growl out of the flowmaster than the magnaflow. I've said it in every possible way. So I'm sure you get the picture.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:32 PM   #29
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The main difference between flowmaster and magnaflow IMO, is that magnaflow is MADE for imports. Therefore, it's going to sound like an import. It's gonna be a little more ricey than the flowmaster. You will get more growl out of the flowmaster than the magnaflow. I've said it in every possible way. So I'm sure you get the picture.
this is always the way i explain it to people when they ask too.......and its also why i myself recommend flowmaster all the time, from the original 40 to the delta flow 40 to the 50 series, up to the 70 series.....you get awesome rumble and tone from flowmaster. magnaflow sounds ok and if you want more performance go with them since their mufflers are free flowing, but when you want a deep growl/rumble....go with flowmaster.

another muffler that sounds really good with some growl is the aero turbine!!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #30
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Tacoma.

Exhaust sound is very subjective. I've heard Flowmasters on Tacoma's that sounded like ass and others that sounded good. I personally think my Magnaflow sounds better than my buddies Flowmaster ('05 Tacoma) and so does he. But again, it's so subjective. It's like telling someone what speakers to buy; what sounds good to me might not to you.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #31
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Nice Tacoma.

Exhaust sound is very subjective. I've heard Flowmasters on Tacoma's that sounded like ass and others that sounded good. I personally think my Magnaflow sounds better than my buddies Flowmaster ('05 Tacoma) and so does he. But again, it's so subjective. It's like telling someone what speakers to buy; what sounds good to me might not to you.
Oh definitely, it's all personal taste.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #32

Quote:
Nice Tacoma.

you are correct.....very subjective. all personal taste and opinion.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #33
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've been looking at those Toyo M/T's lately and I really like them. Not very practical for me but they look great.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #35
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've been looking at those Toyo M/T's lately and I really like them. Not very practical for me but they look great.

The Toyo M/T can be practical for anyone. It's such an incredible tire. So quiet, yet so mean.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #36
romeo oscar bravo

Quote:
The Toyo M/T can be practical for anyone. It's such an incredible tire. So quiet, yet so mean.
How's the wet traction? You've done a great job with your info, I see you're getting a lot of people inspired here! I'm really looking at that flowmaster as I've been trying to see the difference between the two and your explanation was perfect, thanks for the contribution of your feedback! Again, awesome truck!!!

Rob
Old 09-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #37
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How's the wet traction? You've done a great job with your info, I see you're getting a lot of people inspired here! I'm really looking at that flowmaster as I've been trying to see the difference between the two and your explanation was perfect, thanks for the contribution of your feedback! Again, awesome truck!!!

Rob
Thanks for all the compliments.

As for the tires, I have only owned them for a month, and I have put around 4,000 miles on them. So far, I have not had any nervous moments with them.
The tread is so aggressive and meaty that it's nearly impossible to hydroplane the tires. If there is any spin at all, it would be due to intense acceleration at some kind of incline.

I live in the panhandle of Florida, so we get our fair share of rain and heavy weather. I have to go up a steep, curvy incline to work. So I took the opportunity right after a rain to test out the tires. I gunned it up the hill, and the tires performed like a champ. Didn't spin or fishtail at all. So my rating of the tires is at, or near a 10.

I'm anxious to see how they wear, and at what point the tread loses it's top quality. But so far, I'm set on buying another pair of the exact same tire when the time comes.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:09 PM   #38
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a photo of the stock and toyo tires

Old 09-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #39
The New Guy
Fuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really nice

Fuzzyman81's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fuzzyman81
What radio model is that??? Pioneer what?? Hmm wonder if that would fit my gen 1... lol
Old 09-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #40
Kylie's dad

Nice. I bought Destination A/T's in February so it will be quite a while before I buy but I really like those M/T's.