Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Difference

Old 09-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #21
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have a locker. no bed outlet, no compass...I
Old 09-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #22
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I dont have a locker. no bed outlet, no compass...I do have lumbar support though :P
Old 09-19-2008, 10:31 AM   #23
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I have lumbar and no TRD. Do you have a hood scoop? If you don't have a locker or a hood scoop, then all you have is a SR5 with TRD stickers. I hope you didn't pay a lot extra for those stickers.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #24

nope, no lockers or hood scoop.
I bought it used from the dealership. 21K for an 07 with 12000 miles.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:48 AM   #25
It's TACO time!
DFPTaco has a spectacular aura aboutDFPTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Josh
DFPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
That's the same stuff I got on mine here in CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Here in Canada the TRD package gives you:
Bilsteins front & rear
heavy duty Alternator
tranny cooler
engine oil cooler
265/65/R17 wheels on the DC
limited slip differential
front skid plate
hood scoop & TRD decals
Old 09-19-2008, 11:48 AM   #26
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
Judging from your pics, it doesn't have the color keyed fenders either... I think you got duped.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #27
It's TACO time!
DFPTaco has a spectacular aura aboutDFPTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Josh
DFPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have lockers, but I have the LSD, and all the rest of the shite. The hood scoop is for the TRD Sport models not the TRD Off Road package. But basically for the TRD you should have the following:

4.0 engine, bed plug, seats, overhead compas and temp, bilstiens, skid plate, alternator, oil & tranny cooler, LSD, color keyed bumpers and grille, decals and badging. The scoop is for sport models and the locker is an upgrade. If you don't have that you don't have TRD.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #28
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I don't think you paid for the TRD stickers.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:02 PM   #29

I guess the "stealership" just slapped on some stickers and put the skid plate on....
I am a little upset that they sold it to me as a "TRD".
but I still like it for now
Old 09-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #30
RBaptist is on a distinguished road
RBaptist's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies.
Is it possible to get limited slip on a manual? Not that I am going to pay the money to do it....maybe on my next truck.

I have the TRD tires (Came on the truck new when I bought it). It is an 07 so the dealership put the new ones on it and did the Spring TSB and put in the Bilstines. So the truck is fairly capable as is and it sits fairly high up. To me, the height is perfect.

Let me ask this....I will occasionally be towing a ski boat. The boat weighs in around 2600. I am told I can tow 3500 with the 4 cyl. I know it is tough on it, but I won't be hauling that much very often. Maybe 5-6X per summer. Is it recommended though to get an oil cooler since I have a 4 cyl?
Old 09-20-2008, 03:53 PM   #31
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Hmmmmm......Hood Scoop, check, LSD Diff., check, TRD Stickers, used to have but check, Matched Colored Fenders, check....etc etc etc. To my surprise and maybe it's 'cause I haven't taken the owners manual with me into the bathroom, I noticed today that I have an SR5 emblem in the back on the tailgate. I know it's a Sport PreRunner 2008 Sport Pkg 2 yada yada, Have the window sticker to show all stuff and all the vin #s on all them stuff parts match. I thought maybe the original tailgate took a walk and the dealer replaced it fast with another knowing I was on my way to take a peek at the beast. I looked on the tailgate and the vin# matches.

So does it all start with the SR5 and work it's way up?
No sweat, just odd that I didn't notice that.

Oh well, back to the driveway to finish putting in my UWS tool box and admire my Pop and Lock I put in. Did anyone else have to use the little white clips they give you for the latch mech. rods? Mine worked great without them, kept the original red and blue ones on and it works great.

Thanks so much for all the info here, makes it soooooooo much easier with everyone's experiences put up in front of our eyes. If the sun stays up a bit longer, I'll attempt my IPod thinga ma whatzit. USA-Spec Interface.

But like that little red head chick sang about, "There's always tomorrow..."

Chuck
Old 09-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #32
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
get the FTS sticker its adds 100 hp (Faster Than Shit)
Old 09-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #33
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Man oh man...there are some Avatars here that keep me coming back. Not to steal but on the FJ Cruiser forum they had a Hot Chick thread. I know we need to invite the ladies to put in there contributions with their cowboys,firefighters, etc.

Just bored and thinking......