LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

splitting the stock grill in two can it be done????????

Old 03-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
CrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tacoma889
CrAiG's Tacoma Gallery
splitting the stock grill in two can it be done????????

i was looking on here and seen if you order a grill it come in two half's the chrome and black are separate..
can this be done to a stock 2010 grill and be put back together
Old 03-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It comes as one piece from the factory.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
Bosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Chris
Bosworth5's Tacoma Gallery
Buy the $30 grille from parts geek. It comes in two pieces, then i epoxied the tabs from the back. The factory melts all the tabs to the grille so idk if you can get them out, you would have to cut the tabs, leaving no more tab to be glued/melted back in.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
CrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CrAiG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosworth5 View Post
Buy the $30 grille from parts geek. It comes in two pieces, then i epoxied the tabs from the back. The factory melts all the tabs to the grille so idk if you can get them out, you would have to cut the tabs, leaving no more tab to be glued/melted back in.

yeah your getting what im saying i just dont know if its worth trying or if anyone has
Old 03-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
Bosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Chris
Bosworth5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAiG View Post
yeah your getting what im saying i just dont know if its worth trying or if anyone has
Not worth it imo. The grille from parts geek that i used is a great value for what you pay. I satoshied mine and colormatched the outside piece. Having the grille in two parts is great because you dont have to tape and because you can paint the outside piece, wait for it to dry and work on fiberglassing and bondoing the grille piece, if satoshi is the path you are taking.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
this splitting in half is what will be happening to use the piece HomerTaco is making for the satoshi GB.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #7
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
If you search for the Tyoshi grill that is what that is.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I have taken a stock oem grill apart (non-chrome) & had the surround professionally painted then re-attached it.
There are about 30 tabs in the back you cut off with a dremel or bend up with a small screwdriver.
The surround comes off easily for painting, herculiner, plasti dippy whatever ...
Re-attach with a solder iron, melt tabs back in place and/or plastic cement.
It doesn't take that long at all.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #9

CrAiG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I have taken a stock oem grill apart (non-chrome) & had the surround professionally painted then re-attached it.
There are about 30 tabs in the back you cut off with a dremel or bend up with a small screwdriver.
The surround comes off easily for painting, herculiner, plasti dippy whatever ...
Re-attach with a solder iron, melt tabs back in place and/or plastic cement.
It doesn't take that long at all.

thanks for the advice ill definitely use that while reattaching it.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #10

CrAiG's Tacoma Gallery
well i decided to just go for it cus if i mess it up im only out $30 bucks to get a new one so here we go.

Heres where there is no turning back

Heres the end result

well tell me what you all think
Old 03-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #11
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I likey
Old 03-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #12
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
I likey
x2!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #13
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
i did it with my stock 08 grill, just melted or ground the tabs down and she pulled apart. check out the "jamoshi grill" page, its what i used
Old 10-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #14
gunmetalghost is on a distinguished road
Name: Lamar
gunmetalghost's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAiG View Post
well i decided to just go for it cus if i mess it up im only out $30 bucks to get a new one so here we go.

Heres where there is no turning back

Heres the end result

well tell me what you all think
how did you re-attach the tabs? Did you melt them or what?