1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I never thought I would be so happy to lower the truck.....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 11BSSG, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Mar 24, 2011 at 8:04 PM
    11BSSG

11BSSG [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    33°28'18"N /-86°48'2"W
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 A/C 6 Spd
    Front-Billy 5100'2 @ 2.5, Rear- Wheelers 1.5" AAL w/ Billy 5100's, 17" XD Addict's, 285/70-17 Nitto TerraGrappler AT's, 20% Tint, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, N-Fab Nerf Steps, K&N, Black Head Lights, Hard Wired GPS, XM Onyx, Hardwired Radar Detector, Ultraguage, Thule Mtn Bike Lock, Sleeved Fog Light Housing, Black Emblems, Satoshi/Color Matched grille, Misc. Security Upgrades.
    1/2 an inch! *You didnt seriously think I would lower my truck did you????* When I got the truck, it had spacers and factory socks on the front, and a block with factory shocks on the rear. Today was the culmination of a lot of research, work, and some money. I finished installing the Billy 5100's at 2.5 up front w/ removed anti-sway bar, and Wheelers 1.5" AAL with 5100's in the rear. (I had 2" AAL for a bit, but wanted to level the truck to keep from too much rake since the front was getting lowered by 1/2") Well, after a quick trip to the alignment shop. (And finding out my alignment was WAY off from the start) I am ONE HAPPY CAMPER. Dropping the rear, to 1.5" got rid of all my drive line vibe's and given an overall more solid feel in the rear. Getting the 5100's up front made a WORLD of difference. It doesn't wander all over the road and feel like a boat trying to cross a wake when changing lanes any more. I don't feel the urge to buy UCA's near as much, the steering is tighter, and I swear the extra .5" of down travel is enough to make it feel more planted when going over big pot holes or the down side of the huge speed bumps Alabama loves so much. The truck feels like a whole new truck, planted, solid, smooth, fun to drive. Visually, its hard to tell the difference in a full 3" up front and 2.5". Also, no tire rub SO far; but I haven't been offroad either. Next up is the XD Addicts and new tires. I also sleeved the fog lights and blacked out the emblems with plasti-dip. Thanks for all the good info TW! I would have no idea how much I could improve this truck if it wasn't for y'all. Stand by for pics.

I'm too busy wanting to drive the truck right now to take pics. (It honestly feels like a new truck.)
    :burnrubber:

Products Discussed in

To Top