1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

leaf pack question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by hamNswiss on rye, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Mar 24, 2011 at 9:07 PM
    hamNswiss on rye

hamNswiss on rye [OP] ¡Yo Quiero Taco World!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Scottsdale, AZ/Portland, ME
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab
    OME 885's and billies all around, allpro apex front bumper, Nfab tire carrier, black magic rallye 1000 driving lights, custom back to the future light rack, KC LED Daylighters, PIAA 510 fogs, bed lights, satoshi, 285/70/17 Duratracs
    after being overwhelmed with countless hours searching and deciding on my lift, i recently jumped at purchasing a set of front 5100's and had planned to go with them at .85, along with the eibachs and an AAL. in realizing how much cheaper it will be down the road (and to install everything at once) i am looking at getting UCA's and a progressive leaf pack (instead of the aal). i am a non TSB 4x4 and was just wondering what the best leaf pack for the price is. also, i was planning on going with a 2'' AAL with the .85/eibachs...should i be looking for a 2'' leaf pack as well? i heard they settle more than the AAL's.

thanks

2. Mar 24, 2011 at 9:43 PM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    Like he^^^ said let us know what your are going to be using the truck for

3. Mar 24, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    hamNswiss on rye

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab
    OME 885's and billies all around, allpro apex front bumper, Nfab tire carrier, black magic rallye 1000 driving lights, custom back to the future light rack, KC LED Daylighters, PIAA 510 fogs, bed lights, satoshi, 285/70/17 Duratracs
    thanks for the reply. i will not be hauling much, if anything. MAYBE the occasional dirtbike. any specific alcan/wheeler/allpro's you suggest?

4. Mar 24, 2011 at 9:54 PM
    hamNswiss on rye

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab
    ugh, brake lines too...hope installation isn't going to run me way up. i would go to 3'', but i already have the billies. plus im still running 245/75/16s up front for the time being...i don't want them looking any smaller than theyre going to with 2.5". does anyone make a 2" pack? id just go with the AAL, but i hear the packs are much better and help to eliminate vibes

5. Mar 24, 2011 at 9:56 PM
    jblaze805

jblaze805 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ventura/Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 trd pre-runner
    2.5" king coilovers, caburg uca, magnaflow exhaust, aem intake
    i know im a first gen but i got the allpro expos on my truck and with 2 dirtbikes loaded it didnt even budge and it still rode nice...but yes fair warning it will give you about 4-5" of lift even though it says 3"....and from what i know when i asked all pro the people who makes the allpro expos are alcan sometimes deaver will even have alcan make there springs or vise versa...if u want to see a lift on a truck with small tires look at my photo gallery lolz i know i need bigger tires but i think im just going to stick with 31's for now bc of the gas prices...as for install shouldnt be to hard took me about 6 hr though lolz see if u can get a helping hand

6. Mar 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM
    hamNswiss on rye

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab
    first gen?! what the hell are you doing?! get out of here! hah, im kidding, thanks for the input. what kind of a lift are you running, and what did you use to lift the front?

7. Mar 24, 2011 at 10:03 PM
    jblaze805

Member:
    Ventura/Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 trd pre-runner
    ^from what i remember thats what allpro told me...i think thats what she told me...just pm one of the guys from all pro they are on here every now and then.....

8. Mar 24, 2011 at 10:05 PM
    jblaze805

Member:
    Ventura/Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 trd pre-runner
    :eek: i was only trying to help

im running kings in the front set at 1.75 and 3" solo motorsports lift spindle and all pro expos in the rear...

9. Mar 25, 2011 at 12:34 AM
    hamNswiss on rye

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab
  10. Mar 25, 2011 at 1:00 AM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    8 inch alcan custom leaf packs, ome 885's powdercoated white, bilstein 5100's all the way around with 12 inch travel on the rear, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Sway bar removed, 17x9 kmc strike. 35x12.50 nitto Trail Grapplers. Satoshi Grill made by (homertaco), Black Headlight housings,retrofits, Tinted Tailights, color matched grill, Bought a TRD sport hood,elite off road front plate bumper,elite off road sliders, 13% tint on the front windows, 5% on top of the facotry rear windows and back glass, 5% tint stip across the windshield, Lo Pro Truxedo tonneu cover, Herculiner bed liner, Weather Tech Window Visors, Exhaust- Flowmaster Super 44 dumped above rear axle, Maglight Mount on side of drivers seat, Scangauge II, Mossy Oak Camo Seat Covers, Weather Tech Floor mats, Spatter painted A-Pillars, Spatter painted headunit trim and shifter trim, Headunit= Pioneer 4300 double din touch screen, Speakers- Precision Power 3 way component stage, Precision Power 8 i
    alright i gotta a question also point me in the right direction of a leaf pack i have a pro comp 6 inch stage 1 and i want a leaf pack to get rid of the block. i also pull a trailer with my 4wheeler and someone else sometimes so what should i get or where do i need to look i have looked and dont know what to even look at lol

11. Mar 25, 2011 at 1:08 AM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    8 inch alcan custom leaf packs, ome 885's powdercoated white, bilstein 5100's all the way around with 12 inch travel on the rear, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Sway bar removed, 17x9 kmc strike. 35x12.50 nitto Trail Grapplers. Satoshi Grill made by (homertaco), Black Headlight housings,retrofits, Tinted Tailights, color matched grill, Bought a TRD sport hood,elite off road front plate bumper,elite off road sliders, 13% tint on the front windows, 5% on top of the facotry rear windows and back glass, 5% tint stip across the windshield, Lo Pro Truxedo tonneu cover, Herculiner bed liner, Weather Tech Window Visors, Exhaust- Flowmaster Super 44 dumped above rear axle, Maglight Mount on side of drivers seat, Scangauge II, Mossy Oak Camo Seat Covers, Weather Tech Floor mats, Spatter painted A-Pillars, Spatter painted headunit trim and shifter trim, Headunit= Pioneer 4300 double din touch screen, Speakers- Precision Power 3 way component stage, Precision Power 8 i
    ugh im not looking to spend 2 much on it mine are fine but just wanted to get a pack lol i was thinking around 400-600 range is that about right?

12. Mar 31, 2011 at 3:54 PM
    04taco2wd

04taco2wd Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    Southern Pitt,NC
    Vehicle:
    06 AC 4x4 SR5
    6" Fabtech Lift, Custom bedside decals, ICON C/Os, 17x9 Cruiser Alloys, 33x12.5x17 Coopers, UWS Lopro Toolbox, more to come...
    Krookz has alcan leaf pack on his and IIRC he said they were 645 shipped.

Products Discussed in

To Top