Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Guys using their Tacoma for construction/building

Old 09-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #21
shootermcgavinyo is on a distinguished road
shootermcgavinyo's Tacoma Gallery
I demolished an old shed a couple weeks ago and hauled all of that away, along with a truck load of gravel and cinder blocks. My bed is scratched to hell, but I don't really care, that's what it's meant for.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #22
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmon420 View Post
heres my tacoma hauling 5x9 trailer 2900lbs and bike another 600lbs without tsb and no bottoming out for a three hour trip
damn, that trailer is 2900lbs by itself?!! its not even that big.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #23
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmon420 View Post
heres my tacoma hauling 5x9 trailer 2900lbs and bike another 600lbs without tsb and no bottoming out for a three hour trip

Is that a non TRD? Mine doesn't sit that high in the back empty!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:18 PM   #24
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=ozmon420;181195]heres my tacoma hauling 5x9 trailer 2900lbs and bike another 600lbs without tsb and no bottoming out for a three hour trip

It can't be 2900 lbs. My double axel car hauler is only 2000 lbs and the heavy duty Bobcat trailer is 2200lbs.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #25
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
heres mine at work haha, my bed is all scratched up but hey thats what trucks are for right, tough working in construction with a brand new 09 but oh well its worth it!
Attached Thumbnails
Guys using their Tacoma for construction/building-0919081544-01.jpg  
Old 09-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #26
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on the scratched bed, i scratched mine with a load of bricks and concrete blocks, that sucks, I'm getting one bed mat for sure.... and a set of new D rings for the front of the cab.....
Old 09-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #27
Nor*Cal

yeah a bed mat would be nice, i do like the bed of the truck seems to be very durable
Old 09-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #28
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalbb11 View Post
yeah a bed mat would be nice, i do like the bed of the truck seems to be very durable
yeah, but im sure you noticed also that everything slides in there! and i hate having to strap a bucket of paint just so it would not slide the bed mat helps with that i've been told, but im not sure of getting the Toyota one, i saw this mats in Sam's Club, the ones that are used in kitchens (with holes in them) they are 3'x3' and run for about $12-14 bucks each,and they are connectable, with a pair you got pretty much all the bed area covered, i have the short bed and i measured it

the long is 5'
wide (between the wheels) 3.5'

so you will have about 6" uncovered on the wheel well zone and all the long covered with a strip of 1'x3' spare...

still thinking though...
Old 09-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #29
Nor*Cal

yeah true that! sounds pretty good for that price why not give it a shot? not like its permanent or anything
Old 09-22-2008, 04:58 PM   #30
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Also I have to throw in... is it just me or is it always the little trucks doing all the work. Any time I'm going down the road and seeing someone move with like 3 or 4 trucks all obviously together... the tacoma/ranger/s10... whatever it is... loaded to the twice the height of the cab with stuff and a trailer full of crap... the dodge ram 2500 will have like, a chair and a lamp *maybe.* I remember when I helped my dad move my ranger was loaded down... his dodge ram 1500 w/ hemi had like 8 fairly light boxes in it....
Old 09-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Also I have to throw in... is it just me or is it always the little trucks doing all the work. Any time I'm going down the road and seeing someone move with like 3 or 4 trucks all obviously together... the tacoma/ranger/s10... whatever it is... loaded to the twice the height of the cab with stuff and a trailer full of crap... the dodge ram 2500 will have like, a chair and a lamp *maybe.* I remember when I helped my dad move my ranger was loaded down... his dodge ram 1500 w/ hemi had like 8 fairly light boxes in it....
absolutely right!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:06 PM   #32
mxracer16 is on a distinguished road
mxracer16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
absolutely right!

on the road from florida to newengland then down to mississippi, on to ohio then to texas and back to florida in 48 days. 3 motocross bikes ( 2 450's and one 250 ) a 600 cc sport bike, mountin bike, 4ft tool boxw/ tools , spair tires , several sets of riding gear , pressure washer , ect camping equipment bla bla bla ... loaded . i got this 06 trd in dec. of 05 and i have 124k on it. bone stock will never be tacoma-less
Old 09-22-2008, 08:15 PM   #33
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
No pictures, but I hauled 1500lbs of bagged gravel in my 02.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:19 PM   #34
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalbb11 View Post
heres mine at work haha, my bed is all scratched up but hey thats what trucks are for right, tough working in construction with a brand new 09 but oh well its worth it!
Yes the scratch in the bed don't matter because I was looking to spray some linex and hesite with the bed mat, i think the line x will last more than the bed mat, but I don't know if i need to remove the plastic texture on the up of the bed or spray into this, any idea?
But very nice pic of working taco