Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Guys using their Tacoma for construction/building

Old 09-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Guys using their Tacoma for construction/building

Hi there, I'm a construction contractor and used my tacoma only to haul light load, I'm afraid to scratches this baby, what about you if you are in construction or other heavyduty needs, how do you treat this invincible machine, post some pics
Old 09-18-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
i treat my truck good i take it to its limits and ive hauled 20 sacks of portland cement in the bed 90 lbs each...the truck looks new its an 05 the bed i dont care too much ive i get it dirty thats what its meant for hauling shit and i know i cant keep it perfect i put armoral on it but its still marked up
Old 09-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
i use it to haul cement bags, wood, steel rods, all sorts of stuff, i even had a gasoline compactor the other day
Old 09-18-2008, 11:57 PM   #4
bounrith is on a distinguished road
bounrith's Tacoma Gallery
One of the reason I bought my Taco is for work. I do security camera installation and could use the bed for boxes of cable/parts/parts/parts/those collapsing ladders. Nothing too heavy compare to you guys.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:02 AM   #5
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
i treat my truck good i take it to its limits and ive hauled 20 sacks of portland cement in the bed 90 lbs each...the truck looks new its an 05 the bed i dont care too much ive i get it dirty thats what its meant for hauling shit and i know i cant keep it perfect i put armoral on it but its still marked up
Wow 20 sacks of cement in the bed!! you mean 1 ton in your bed because one sack weigh 50kg, I never known I can haul that load
Old 09-19-2008, 01:20 AM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You should check out the "Tacoma's being used for work" thread on here. there's all kinds of pics of Tacomas hauling stuff around. I dont do construction but once in a while i'll take my dads backhoe and do some site work for a few local contractors that know me. heres a pic of the backhoe behind my truck from when i used it over my spring break to make a few bucks:
the camera's perspective does destort the size of the backhoe a little bit for some reason. if you're familiar with backhoes this is very similar in size to a Kubota L35 TLB
Old 09-19-2008, 01:29 AM   #7
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I only haul bags of feathers. I'm afraid to get it dirty, dented and dinged.

Sorry guys. I know it's a let down. Can't bring myself to even a drive off road.

I need help.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:26 AM   #8
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
I use a trailer hehe. I don't even want to scratch my bed.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:38 AM   #9
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I have a small landscape & painting business, use the truck all the time for that (bulk mulch, trailer equipment etc.) & haven't even washed the truck this summer. I am much less picky with this tacoma than trucks in the past. My roof has a nice indent from my knee putting stuff on the rack. Don't recommend even leaning your hand on it.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:01 AM   #10
jrsmokestacks is on a distinguished road

jrsmokestacks's Tacoma Gallery
My 08' just workin, i've had it for 5 months and already racked up 15,800 miles. Either haulin ar towin every day, 7 days a week. Not bad for a 2.7 I-4

Old 09-19-2008, 05:54 AM   #11
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery

5 Tons

Old 09-19-2008, 08:01 AM   #12
tacoma26 is on a distinguished road
tacoma26's Tacoma Gallery
Hauling my toy...

Old 09-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #13
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

Its a work truck. You said it. I don't care how careful you are, you will start seeing scratches unless you are one of those contractors who's boots look brand new and yet they are 2 years old. Watch out for your bed rails. They ding and scratch up very easy!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #14
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post

Sorry guys. I know it's a let down. Can't bring myself to even a drive off road.

I need help.
you haul pillows?
Old 09-21-2008, 01:57 AM   #15
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
Its a work truck. You said it. I don't care how careful you are, you will start seeing scratches unless you are one of those contractors who's boots look brand new and yet they are 2 years old. Watch out for your bed rails. They ding and scratch up very easy!
if i wanted a truck ima go out of my way to keep it spotless id buy the escalade truck...no offense but i put my shit to work i dont baby them
Old 09-21-2008, 07:45 AM   #16
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is used as a truck. It got it's first scratches from a creosote bush the first month I had it. Got it's first flat that day too. And the steel targets we put in there (all made from 1/4" or 1/2") gouged the plastic bed. I didn't care because it's a truck and I intend to use it as such. Last job I used it to get equipment for our survey crews. Nothing like having a cargo that is worth twice your truck's value. Now I get to use a government truck at work. Bright orange, F-350 double cab 4x4. Make me consider getting a Tundra or a double cab next time.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:47 AM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post

I need help.
Nothing wrong with that!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #18
news8000 is on a distinguished road
news8000's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

My 06 4L 4wd has been an awesome workhorse for my construction business in Manitoba, Canada. Do alot of work in cottage country in south Whiteshell park. Alot of roads rarely if ever get plowed in winter and get steep and twisty...
And this great tuck still surprises me with its pulling power. Also, with bed loaded with tools and keeping at highway limit (100km/hr. - 62 mph) I get 25-26 mpg, that's Canadian gallons. I beleive the ratio is Can. gallons x 0.8 = US gal so about 20 US mpg.

Neil
Attached Thumbnails
Guys using their Tacoma for construction/building-04-12-071352.jpg   Guys using their Tacoma for construction/building-09-11-070917.jpg   Guys using their Tacoma for construction/building-15-03-081105.jpg   Guys using their Tacoma for construction/building-24-04-081715.jpg   Guys using their Tacoma for construction/building-img_0724_sm.jpg  

Old 09-21-2008, 08:57 AM   #19
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
No pics but... at 2200 miles I tow'd my buddies tundra for about 7 miles after it broke down on the L101 in phoenix. Probably around 5500 total pounds with him in there and the 20's it had on it. (first gen). Did extremely well, babied it though (1: still not broke in fully, 2:... tow strap only). Even then, did 70mph no prob.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #20
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
heres my tacoma hauling 5x9 trailer 2900lbs and bike another 600lbs without tsb and no bottoming out for a three hour trip