Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weird Problem

Old 03-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #21
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
06RadiantRed's Tacoma Gallery
Its not just the AC. I can notice it to a lesser degree while doing anything that causes an increase in rev. Try sitting stopped, and crank the wheel around a bit to get the power steering going. Mine will do it then as well.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #22
Badwin45 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Badwin45's Tacoma Gallery
My first gen has done it since day one and my second gen does it occasionally as well. Normal.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #23
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
Someone with more tech knowledge than me correct me if I don't have this right; I'm not sure its purly an AC issue, in that you may not have to have the unit set to AC, I thought I heard somewhere that the compressors cycle on and off regardless to keep form freezing up or seals drying or some crap like that. Just seems to me I heard that somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
Mine does it too year round...haven't had the A/C on in months so I don't think that's what causes it. I also thought I got Boy Georged (you know -- slammed in the ass) when I first got my truck but now it just seems normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RadiantRed View Post
Its not just the AC. I can notice it to a lesser degree while doing anything that causes an increase in rev. Try sitting stopped, and crank the wheel around a bit to get the power steering going. Mine will do it then as well.

let it go people. the main cause of this is the A/C compressor kicking on, but ANYTHING that causes a rise in RPM's will do it also. higher RPM's = more power to the wheels = a shudder at a stop if your brake pedal is not pushed in enough.

end of story
Old 04-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #24
hyper86z is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
hyper86z's Tacoma Gallery
i had exact problem after year around i took it to the dealer and explained to tech. he said leaf spring tension issue (slighty moves to the front from rear differential) or something like that. he said its normal for this kind of vehicle (w/ leaf springs). its not the ac because i get another hit after ac comp. kicks it.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #25
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Holy fucking 2 year thread revival