Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weird Problem

Old 03-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
papabear050 will become famous soon enough
papabear050's Tacoma Gallery
Weird Problem

got a 2011 DC Auto OR Taco 4x4

I got a minor issue that is hard to explain. If I come to a complete stop at a light and have my foot on the brakes, it feels like the truck gives a small jerk forward.

It happens like 30 seconds or so after I am completely stopped. It is the exact feeling if you were to come to a complete stop... shift it into Neutral and Back to Drive with your foot on the brake. That feeling of the transmission engaging and the truck moving forward just a bit is what I am experiencing

Anyone heard of this? Hard to explain.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
normal.......

you are fine

just dont hit anyone
Old 03-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear050 View Post

I got a minor issue that is hard to explain. If I come to a complete stop at a light and have my foot on the brakes, it feels like the truck gives a small jerk forward.

It happens like 30 seconds or so after I am completely stopped. It is the exact feeling if you were to come to a complete stop... shift it into Neutral and Back to Drive with your foot on the brake. That feeling of the transmission engaging and the truck moving forward just a bit is what I am experiencing

mine does this sometimes when the A/C is on. i think its the A/C condenser kicking on, raising the RPM's slightly and making the truck jerk forward. its not a problem so dont worry about it
Old 03-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
mine does this sometimes when the A/C is on. i think its the A/C condenser kicking on, raising the RPM's slightly and making the truck jerk forward. its not a problem so dont worry about it

I thought I read somewhere on here it was the truck finally shifting into 1st. Hell if I know
Old 03-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch14 View Post
I thought I read somewhere on here it was the truck finally shifting into 1st. Hell if I know
i doubt that. mine shifts into first at around 10mph every time. that sounds like someone was having a tranny problem IMHO
Old 03-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear050 View Post

That's nothing to worry about, just wait till you start to notice that damn ABS servo whine comming from the front right, oh crap, well just try to ignore it
Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #9
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
Or just jerking around.
maybe. not for me though. im almost positive its the A/C system kickin on
Old 03-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #10
poynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
poynter's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of threads on this. My truck does it too. You just have to push the brakes really hard when you come to a stop. I also thought my truck shifted out of park really hard until I started pushing the brakes harder. First week I had my truck I thought someone was bumping into me at stoplights.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
papabear050 will become famous soon enough
papabear050's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys... i feel better that it's ab- "normal"...

I thought it was the AC too, so I turned off the AC and tested, same thing. So I figured it was a tranny thing or a rough idle thing... but looks like it's a Tacoma thing.

Sweet... keep on truckin...
Old 03-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #12
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
ok, yah I haven't felt it in my truck so I haven't really looked at the issue before.

just tell me to STFU
Old 03-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #13
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
maybe. not for me though. im almost positive its the A/C system kickin on
This ^^^*
Old 03-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #16
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
No man I'm in agreement with the AC reason, I meant the shifting into 1st thingy.
i know what you meant
Old 03-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #19
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
Tacos aren't the only Toys to do this. The FJ Cruiser and Rav4 both did this with the air on, especially when it was working hard during the summer. Just got used to it as it never was a major issue.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #20
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The AC compressor cycles on when you have defrost or defrost/feet selected as well , so as above , the surge is the AC compressor kicking in .