Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Not a good day for the taco

Old 09-18-2008, 11:38 PM   #1
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Not a good day for the taco

so i was in the parking lot at the mall today and i took a turn too tightly and did this...

yepp...not a good day at all
Old 09-18-2008, 11:46 PM   #2
bounrith is on a distinguished road
bounrith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTrd View Post
so i was in the parking lot at the mall today and i took a turn too tightly and did this...

yepp...not a good day at all
argghhhh Sorry to hear that. Hope she is good like new again soon.

I can't tell whether you have a tube step or some sort of nerf bar, would that have helped?

Old 09-18-2008, 11:50 PM   #3
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
no i don't have one and i really don't think it would have helped but i'm still not sure exactly how it happened. taking it to the shop next week to get an estimate, hoping it will be cheaper than going through insurance
Old 09-18-2008, 11:54 PM   #4
bounrith is on a distinguished road
bounrith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTrd View Post
no i don't have one and i really don't think it would have helped but i'm still not sure exactly how it happened. taking it to the shop next week to get an estimate, hoping it will be cheaper than going through insurance
I think people know this, but if you go through insurance...it will be in carfax and it could affect the resale price, but most of us would drive our Taco to the ground...so might not be a factor.

Keep us posted of how you attack this. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:55 PM   #5
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i'm not too worried about the resale price, i'm never getting rid of my baby
Old 09-19-2008, 03:00 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
oooooooohhhh...that hurts to look at that there!!! hope whatever shop you take it to gets it back to new condition soon!!
Old 09-19-2008, 07:35 AM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
looks like u turned into one of those solid markers...if it was a straight up one, i bet the sliders would have taken the hit if u had em...especially if u had the kick out ones
Old 09-19-2008, 07:50 AM   #8
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I'm guessing you hit a yellow concrete pole? Or light base? If you had sliders they would have taken the hit and probably bumped your truck over. Since those poles go down to the ground the sliders would have hit it first.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:55 AM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Damn thats a hit. hope you get the baby fixed asap.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:55 AM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
looks like u turned into one of those solid markers...if it was a straight up one, i bet the sliders would have taken the hit if u had em...especially if u had the kick out ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
I'm guessing you hit a yellow concrete pole? Or light base? If you had sliders they would have taken the hit and probably bumped your truck over. Since those poles go down to the ground the sliders would have hit it first.
ECHo....ECho....Echo....echo.....
Old 09-19-2008, 07:59 AM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha....pete and repeat!!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:12 AM   #12
Are you Recreationally Insane?
mr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brant Luckow
mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
As long as they weren't Demello sliders they would/should have kept that from happening.... Demello's may have helped but the body sticks out farther than the sliders do. It would be close, I know I wouldn't feel comfortable going out and doing that to test it though...that is why they are coming off.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:15 AM   #13
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
well then how about i just go back in time and get sliders

the most i'm going to have to pay is $1000 if i go through insurance so hopefully i can find a shop to do it for less. if anyone is from sac that knows of anywhere let me know
Old 09-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #14
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
I had a dent like that on my 2000 prerunner. After they fixed it I always had air noise around the bottom of the door. The door was just never the same when meeting up with the weather stripping. Also, silver is one of the hardest colors to match. And where you got hit will stick out like a sore thumb !
Old 09-19-2008, 09:24 AM   #15
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Yeah, I got distracted at work before hitting submit... Damn work...

Funny part is, it's my last day at this job and I'm not doing work related work... I'm actually using the solder station and misc parts to fab up an adapter to fix the xbox I was modding last night....
Old 09-19-2008, 09:54 AM   #16
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
I had a dent like that on my 2000 prerunner. After they fixed it I always had air noise around the bottom of the door. The door was just never the same when meeting up with the weather stripping. Also, silver is one of the hardest colors to match. And where you got hit will stick out like a sore thumb !
the previous owner was in a couple accidents on the same side and unless you look really close you can't even tell. the only way i could tell it was on that side was because the emblem was put on very poorly but the paint looked good. but thanks for the encouraging info
Old 09-19-2008, 09:56 AM   #17
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
for now id rub that nasty yellow crap off with acetone...i rubbed my truck yesterday when i got some yellow shit on it from a telephone pole u know the reflectors i kissed them and i got marked but i rubbed it off
Old 09-19-2008, 10:00 AM   #18
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
thats a good idea. thanks
Old 09-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #19
The Cooler King
Dustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of light

Dustin03's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dustin03
I'd be wary of acetone if I were you. Around my shop we use that stuff in mass quantities to remove paint because it eats through just about everything. You're better off either living with it or using polishing compound to get it off (red for the tough part and white to get the shine back). You may not care because the body shop will have to repaint anyway, but I'm a caring soul so I figured I'd warn you...
Old 09-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #20
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks!