Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Finally got my '09

Old 09-19-2008, 04:26 AM   #1
lowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enough
lowcel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to lowcel
Finally got my '09

I only ordered it four days ago but it seemed like a much longer wait. It was most certainly worth the wait though. I'm not sure what all I will be doing to it but the first thing is going to be removing the pinstripes. Then on Monday the front windows will be tinted. After that it will be a new stereo.

Does anyone know if it uses the same wiring harness as the 08 did? I haven't had any luck finding one for an 09 yet.

Anyway, here is a picture from when we picked it up at the dealership. The trade in (08 Element) is in the background.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:01 AM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!

Woo Hoo Congrats on getting your new truck. That color looks awesome! You should post up that proud pic in the "what do you look like" thread in open discussion. You get to know the faces behind the usernames.

Glad you didn't wait too long.....hey hey happy modding!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:26 AM   #3
MotoNerd
Caddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud of

Caddmannq's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, and a far less elemental ride too.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:57 AM   #4
lowcel's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, here are sme of it with my other toy.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:41 AM   #5
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck, i have the exact same (except i have the off road package). its nice to see other access cabs...it seems most people on here went with the DC.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:48 AM   #6
bvalistic will become famous soon enough

bvalistic's Tacoma Gallery
track days

access cab, great choice to carry the bike for track days ...nice bike buddy,i got zx10r ...drive and ride safe
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
Thanks, here are sme of it with my other toy.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:49 AM   #7
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
very nice man!! congrats
Old 09-19-2008, 08:13 AM   #8
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
awesome dude, got my wednesday night... 4 dr, trd off-rd
word up!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:04 AM   #9
Hooked
weihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to behold

weihenstephaner's Tacoma Gallery
same stereo harness as 05-08. swapped a pioneer HU into my 09 last weekend. no issues.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:08 AM   #10
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats.... Saw one when I went to get my oil changed, sweet!! LOVE that color...wish I'd waited another year to get mine....
Old 09-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #11
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!! I also ordered mine last weekend. Gonna have to wait a month for her to come in though.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #12
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
hey i have the same truck, weird that it has pin stripes??mine didnt have that, but good choice on the color thats what made me get the 09
Old 09-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #14
lowcel's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the compliments. I really appreciate them.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #15
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck! I've never seen one with pinstripes before.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #16
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Welcome!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #17
lowcel's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all of the compliments!

I finally had time (actually took half the day off) to remove the pinstripes, the dealer sticker, and to wash and wax it. Also had the windows tinted yesterday. I think it looks much better than it did a couple of days ago, it's off to a good start anyway.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #18
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
nice almost looks like mine haha i just dont have the hood protector
Old 09-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #19
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
Thanks for all of the compliments!

I finally had time (actually took half the day off) to remove the pinstripes, the dealer sticker, and to wash and wax it. Also had the windows tinted yesterday. I think it looks much better than it did a couple of days ago, it's off to a good start anyway.
Now get rid of the mud flaps before they cut a line in the paint then break off later. Also get rid of the bug shield before it damages the paint. There are threads on both these problems. Finally de-badge and remove the stickers for a super clean look. I love the new colors for 09.

Of course later you can lift it 3” and kill off a couple of MPG
Old 09-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #20
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Looks better without the pinstripes

What % tint did you go with?