Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Access Cab rear cargo Liner

Old 03-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
GreenMtnTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
GreenMtnTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Access Cab rear cargo Liner

Anyone know of a cargo liner that will fit in the back of an access cab with the seats folded down? Seems like there used to be a husky liner for this purpose (H2129951), but it must have been discontinued as I can't find it anywhere. At this point since I can't find that or a similar direct fit product I'd take anything that would be close. Maybe something from a mini-van or small suv? Help me out! My dog is destroying my truck.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
I have those and the rear liner does the job

http://www.huskyliners.com/site//Cus...49#ColorChange
Old 03-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
Sorry, guess I wasn't quite clear. I'm looking for a "tray" that will cover the whole rear area when the seats are folded down. Something that goes on top of the folded down seats.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
I had some carpeted mats made for mine.

My dogs love them.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMtnTaco View Post
Sorry, guess I wasn't quite clear. I'm looking for a "tray" that will cover the whole rear area when the seats are folded down. Something that goes on top of the folded down seats.
Husky does make one. Check their site or Amazon. I think Janster has one, you could check her build page.

Edit: Sorry I didn't fully read your first post. I don't know if they still make it or not, but they used to be available on Amazon.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:51 PM   #8
GuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really nice
GuapOh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe View Post

My dogs love them.

I thought all AC's were the same. My 2011 has a storage console in the center of the rear so i can't fold my seats down to have one straight flat area behind the front seats. That looks way more utilitarian than my set up. Why would Toyota do this? If there is a simple explanation, excuse my newbieness.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:58 AM   #9
Adjunct Anarchist
Papa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Radio Operator
Name: Papa Tac
Papa Tac's Tacoma Gallery
No pics but here's what I did...

In my '10 AC I placed a sheet of plywood/mdf etc on the back seats for my
. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ml#post2387576
I trimmed the board to fit over the seats and middle console, with pvc legs to support the front (may need something in rear to level it) and covered the board in closed cell foam (blue sleeping pad). This gives a nice waterproof cover for the rear, storage underneath, and is easily removeable (1-2 bungees as needed).
I also hung a 2-sided tarp as a hammock, "fabric" side up, using bungees to secure. Someone once told me dogs don't know comfort, but I put a blanket or pillow back there anyway.
If it ever stops snowing and blowing I'll get a pic...
Old 03-26-2011, 05:44 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
I actually ordered it from there. They charged my card and then about 5 days later sent me an e-mail saying it wasn't in stock.

Very clean setup Coupe. Definitely an improvement over stock but I'm looking for something a little easier to clean, and something that will contain water a bit better.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #11
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMtnTaco View Post
I actually ordered it from there. They charged my card and then about 5 days later sent me an e-mail saying it wasn't in stock.

Very clean setup Coupe. Definitely an improvement over stock but I'm looking for something a little easier to clean, and something that will contain water a bit better.
That sucks man! I have been thinking about getting one of these too and have just been putting it off. I was going to order it from them today.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:36 AM   #12
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuapOh View Post
I thought all AC's were the same. My 2011 has a storage console in the center of the rear so i can't fold my seats down to have one straight flat area behind the front seats. That looks way more utilitarian than my set up. Why would Toyota do this? If there is a simple explanation, excuse my newbieness.

I think this got changed on the 2009 models. Mine is 2008. I have known people have swamped them out.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #13
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

My dogs love them.

are those from toyota? where did you pick those up at?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #14
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

My dogs love them.

I like this rear seat setup vice those in my '10. To achieve about the same I did this:

Old 03-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #15
jrgroucho is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
jrgroucho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuapOh View Post
Yeah they added the storage console in '09 and as far as I can tell, screwed up things back there. I have a 2010 and need to figure out something, because even with the seats folded down I feel like storage is lacking...

Hmm, I forgot about this, but I need to do what jpmorrisvb (Jimmy) did and make a platform. I rarely have people back there, and when I do I have time to take it out.

--
Jeremy
Old 04-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #16
Please keep TW beautiful: search & stay on topic
BBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BBYE V8's Tacoma Gallery
I made my own liner from a 3"x 5" rubber mat from Lowes for $23:

This mat is thick, which should cushion the pressure on the seats. It took some cutting down to size with a sharp razor, but I like the fact that I had a little more that what was necessary. I cut it so it draped over the edges of the seats:

I made two small cuts so the seat latches come through the mat to "lock" it into place. Also made a cut half way down the center of the mat to allow me to fold the back half of the mat forward so I can access the storage:

Also, I the topped it off with a piece of left over carpet; it works pretty well to "trap" most of the dog hair until I can vacuum:

Old 04-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #17
BBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BBYE V8's Tacoma Gallery
Almost forgot a real nice dog bowl for the truck:

I swear, when you fill it to the right level, you can tip it, roll it around, even flip it upside down and it doesn't spill but a couple of drops. And it holds a ton of water. Gotta have one for every car.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:47 AM   #18
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
that turned out pretty good....i got a moab trip coming up with the dog and this may have to be a necessary addition for the dog's sake...the rubber mat is a good way to keep access to the storage bins..did you cut the carpet too? or do you plan on folding the carpet to the side if you need the bins?
Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #19

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Some pretty creative solutions here.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #20

BBYE V8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
..did you cut the carpet too? or do you plan on folding the carpet to the side if you need the bins?
I just cut the mat and not the carpet. The carpet is really thin and flexible making it really easy to toss off the side i'm trying to get to. I got this carpet at Lowes or HD a long time ago, it's got a thin rubber backing, I had used it to line the back of the wife's Vibe (also for the dog).