Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Faux Beadlock Issue

Old 03-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
TRD Faux Beadlock Issue

This is my 2nd center cap to come apart. I noticed that I lost the outer metal part on the first one 2 weeks ago. I then checked the rest and found another very loose, and when i removed it it basically came apart in my hand. It appears to be a 2 piece design that is glued together, but the glue isn't holding up. I have had my wheels for around 9 months.

Toyota is warrantying them, but I just wanted to throw this out there.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
RAD@RECHELON/AESTHETICS
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RAD
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ Clean that crappy glue off and use Gorilla Glue. It will never came off again. Problem Solved
Old 03-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
toyota quality ;p
MADE IN CHINA!
cheap shit
even FJ anthracite wheels are made there too, was very surprised when i saw the boxes...
Old 03-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrayzian View Post
^ Clean that crappy glue off and use Gorilla Glue. It will never came off again. Problem Solved
That would work if u catch it before the metal part flies off while you're driving down the road.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #5

Make that 3 center caps that have come apart now.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
wowzers!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #7
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
how many miles do you have? or if your truck didny come with them, how many miles are on the wheels? just want to know so i dont have any suprises.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superx2 View Post
how many miles do you have? or if your truck didny come with them, how many miles are on the wheels? just want to know so i dont have any suprises.

38k miles now They started coming apart at 25k.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #9
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same thing happen to one of my TRD center caps and the others were loose as well. I have 55K on my TRD wheels my plan is to pull them apart and re-glue all of them although I thought about just pulling the metal portion painting the plastic caps black to see how it looks. I'll probably start with just the one that I lost and got a replacement for.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #10
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosport View Post
toyota quality ;p
MADE IN CHINA!
cheap shit
It's Japan motherf*cker!
Jk haha, yea gorrila glue that beech.