Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dakar springs with 3degree shims and D29xl

Old 03-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Dakar springs with 3degree shims and D29xl

are the center pins gonna be long enough?

i searched and i searched.....till i could search no more
Old 05-25-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
bump lol
Old 05-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send OZ-T a pm or look at his threads. He ran into the same problem. I didn't get axel shims with mine, instead I got a drive shaft spacers.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:58 AM   #4

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
Send OZ-T a pm or look at his threads. He ran into the same problem. I didn't get axel shims with mine, instead I got a drive shaft spacers.
pretty sure he didnt add the D29XL.

pretty sure
Old 05-25-2011, 08:07 AM   #5
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
pretty sure he didnt add the D29XL.

pretty sure
No he didn't add the D29XL but he extended his center pins long enough for the AAL/shims. Here it is. THANKS OZ-T
Old 05-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #6

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
No he didn't add the D29XL but he extended his center pins long enough for the AAL/shims. Here it is. THANKS OZ-T
yeah i got those spacers also....

i should be good i hope.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #7
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You should be fine , the Dakar centring pin is about an inch extra long on the top of the pack , the collar is only about 3/8" and the overloads are about 1/2" thick .
Old 05-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
x2- I would think that the centering pin has extra room to spare. Plus OME designed the leaf pack to add the extra leaf, that is probably why the pin is so long. If you install the D28xl, you will probably not have to drill out your stock bumpstop, another added benefit of the extra leaf!
We just cut off the extra bolt length when we were done .
Old 05-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
More than one way to skin a cat. Only problem I see with that would be if you ever needed to take the leaf pack apart, the end of the thread is probably stripped and jagged and you'd need to buy new centering pins. I couldn't think of a reason to ever take it apart though, besides adding the extra leaf.
The nut is on past the cut so it would be no problem getting it off , I would just replace the centering pins if I ever added the extra leaf , I think they are about $8 a pair