Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lightforce 240 lights on 2nd Gen?

Old 03-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
qnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

qnyla's Tacoma Gallery
Lightforce 240 lights on 2nd Gen?

Anybody running Lightforce 240 lights on their 2nd Gen? Do they look too large on the bumper?

I am getting an ARB bumper soon, and was looking at various lights, and the 240mm Lightforce units looked cool.

Any pics? Thanks.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
not junior member
jeanyves is on a distinguished road

jeanyves's Tacoma Gallery
i think it would be way too much for the truck,i got a friend who got 2 on gnc 1500 and it looks goofy,here is waht 170 looks like on mine
Old 03-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
TAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
TAKoma907's Tacoma Gallery

Old 03-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #4
qnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

qnyla's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Yes, a pair of Lightforce 170 units might look better proportioned, but I'd still like to see some 240's.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #5

qnyla's Tacoma Gallery
Hey TAKoma907, thanks! Those look cool!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
If you didn't live in Alaska I might say that's overkill. Haha
Old 03-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #7
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: joshua
j83soldier's Tacoma Gallery
I have been thinking of getting these whats the diffrence of brightness between the 2
Old 03-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #8
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
i have 2 on my arb and they look badass, maybe to big for your taste though.....i would post a pic but i dont have any and my taco is back in the states
Old 03-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #9
TAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnyla View Post
Hey TAKoma907, thanks! Those look cool!
Thanks man! I would recommend them. They're SWEET!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaDawg View Post
If you didn't live in Alaska I might say that's overkill. Haha
Yeah, 20 hours of darkness suck without a good set of lights
Old 03-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #11

qnyla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoIII View Post
i have 2 on my arb and they look badass, maybe to big for your taste though.....i would post a pic but i dont have any and my taco is back in the states
Any problems mounting them on the ARB? Do they clear the upper bar?
Old 03-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #12
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I don't think you'd get 4 on the ARB.

4 170's and I'm tapped for space.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:26 AM   #13

qnyla's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks anethema, that looks cool.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:17 PM   #14
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No problem. Still winter here so haven't really had a chance to try em out in a real setting. The two outside ones are driving pattern 50W HIDs. Ungodly bright, especially for the low wattage.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #15
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnyla View Post
Any problems mounting them on the ARB? Do they clear the upper bar?
well i first mounted them upside down on the top tabs worked good but they were real close to the main support. so i remounted them on the bottom. i had to drill new holes. other than that no problems
Old 06-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #16
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
this is the only pic that i of the lights its not the best
Attached Thumbnails
Lightforce 240 lights on 2nd Gen?-029.jpg  
Old 06-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #17
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Win! Lights are going to be the last add on on my truck. right after I do OBA, Dual Batt and an expedition rack. now, does anyone know where I can sell a kidney?
Old 06-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #18

There's four places. There's the Kidney Hut,that's on third. There's Kidneys-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Kidney-There.That's on third. Bend Low, Sweet Back Pain... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the Kidney complex on third. In the Kidney district.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #19
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #20
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j83soldier View Post
I have been thinking of getting these whats the diffrence of brightness between the 2
Big difference.
Here is a comparison photo between the 170 and 240 that I took when upgrading on my Jeep.