1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Let me see the nerf bars!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by thebigk, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Sep 19, 2008 at 9:27 PM
    thebigk

thebigk [OP] 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    Wanting to put some nerf bars on my 08 DC 4x4 TRD Offroad.
    I'm liking the Westin Signature bars but open for other ideas. Looking for chrome/stainless.
    I've seen some on ebay but with no brand on them I'm a little leary.

Let me know whatcha got :D

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 19, 2008 at 9:37 PM
    TorenApart

TorenApart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109

So I have the black and chrome thing going on, which I know some people can't stand... but it works for me...
    [​IMG]

3. Sep 19, 2008 at 10:47 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    I've had good luck and like the Westin Platium series (chrome plated stainless) on my last two trucks. They haven't lost much finish, minor pitting from rocks at the front, and never showed any rust. About $500 total installed with a life time warranty. They mount solid and don't extend any lower than the frame while preventing some door dings. I believe they may attach differently on the DC compared to the AC though. I think Wilson the Dog could answer this better. White and chrome works for me.

[​IMG]

4. Sep 19, 2008 at 11:25 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i bought a set of polished stainless nerf bars from ebay when i had my 06. they were on for close to 2 years, and they still had the mirror finish on them when i traded my truck a few months ago. and they were stout too...........ask the guys that went to the last uwharrie tacoma meet!!;) i was wheeling a bit, and i got hung up on a big ass rock.............i was sitting on the frame a bit, but mostly..i was on the nerf bar. i figured it would fold like an accordian, but to my surprise, i was pleased to find out, after finally coming ff that rock, the bottom of the bar was just scratched a bit.....no beding at all, and that was alotta weight on the driver side of my truck...the rock was holding me up on the nerf bar!!! basically..all im saying is yeah, some ebay stuff may not be great, but theones i had were pretty damn good,bolted up rather easily, looked good and kept their shine!!:)

5. Sep 20, 2008 at 12:05 PM
    Vested Interest

Vested Interest Member

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    Wht 08 Pre-Runner SR5
    MB V-Drive wheels, Michelin LTX 265/70-16, chrome tube steps
    Mine are Big Country brand. Pretty easy to install yourself. Cheaper than Westin and I think they have a better warranty. I got them at Earl Owen, http://www.earlowen.com/catalog-list. They are local to me, don't know about shipping info.

[​IMG]

6. Sep 20, 2008 at 12:19 PM
    feelinthegz

feelinthegz Member

Member:
    phoenix
    Vehicle:
    09 4x2 DC, TRD sport, SPDBLUE,
    I am torn between Aries and Dee Zee 3" black nerfs. Also, anyone have opinions on any internet stores to purchase these from? Truck Candy has the Aries $215 total, Auto Anything has the Dee Zees for same price. Are these reputable stores? Any info, insight or experience would be appreciated. Thanks

7. Sep 20, 2008 at 12:39 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    i have the toyota ones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i like them a lot

8. Sep 20, 2008 at 4:18 PM
    thebigk

thebigk [OP] 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX

Looked all thru their inline catalog & didn't see any Big Country brand. I'll do some more online shooping though!

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top