LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Let me see the nerf bars!

Old 09-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Let me see the nerf bars!

Wanting to put some nerf bars on my 08 DC 4x4 TRD Offroad.
I'm liking the Westin Signature bars but open for other ideas. Looking for chrome/stainless.
I've seen some on ebay but with no brand on them I'm a little leary.

Let me know whatcha got
Old 09-19-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
I'm liking the Westin Signature bars but open for other ideas. Looking for chrome/stainless.

Let me know whatcha got

So I have the black and chrome thing going on, which I know some people can't stand... but it works for me...
Old 09-19-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
I've had good luck and like the Westin Platium series (chrome plated stainless) on my last two trucks. They haven't lost much finish, minor pitting from rocks at the front, and never showed any rust. About $500 total installed with a life time warranty. They mount solid and don't extend any lower than the frame while preventing some door dings. I believe they may attach differently on the DC compared to the AC though. I think Wilson the Dog could answer this better. White and chrome works for me.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:25 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post

Let me know whatcha got
i bought a set of polished stainless nerf bars from ebay when i had my 06. they were on for close to 2 years, and they still had the mirror finish on them when i traded my truck a few months ago. and they were stout too...........ask the guys that went to the last uwharrie tacoma meet!! i was wheeling a bit, and i got hung up on a big ass rock.............i was sitting on the frame a bit, but mostly..i was on the nerf bar. i figured it would fold like an accordian, but to my surprise, i was pleased to find out, after finally coming ff that rock, the bottom of the bar was just scratched a bit.....no beding at all, and that was alotta weight on the driver side of my truck...the rock was holding me up on the nerf bar!!! basically..all im saying is yeah, some ebay stuff may not be great, but theones i had were pretty damn good,bolted up rather easily, looked good and kept their shine!!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #5
Vested Interest is on a distinguished road

Vested Interest's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are Big Country brand. Pretty easy to install yourself. Cheaper than Westin and I think they have a better warranty. I got them at Earl Owen, http://www.earlowen.com/catalog-list. They are local to me, don't know about shipping info.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:19 PM   #6
feelinthegz is on a distinguished road
feelinthegz's Tacoma Gallery
Help, Aries or Dee Zee

I am torn between Aries and Dee Zee 3" black nerfs. Also, anyone have opinions on any internet stores to purchase these from? Truck Candy has the Aries $215 total, Auto Anything has the Dee Zees for same price. Are these reputable stores? Any info, insight or experience would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-20-2008, 12:39 PM   #7
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
i have the toyota ones

i like them a lot
Old 09-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #8
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vested Interest View Post
Mine are Big Country brand. Pretty easy to install yourself. Cheaper than Westin and I think they have a better warranty. I got them at Earl Owen, http://www.earlowen.com/catalog-list. They are local to me, don't know about shipping info.

Looked all thru their inline catalog & didn't see any Big Country brand. I'll do some more online shooping though!

Thanks!

Products Discussed in this Thread