Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

funny tsb story

Old 03-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
sicripp83 is on a distinguished road
sicripp83's Tacoma Gallery
funny tsb story

so i went to the stealership today to get some more D rings for my bed and i stopped at the service counter on my way out the door, and told the service rep that i just bought a 2011 tacoma trd and when i loaded my atv in the bed the ride was terrible (i didnt say "harsh") she askes me how much the atv weights, i said about 375lbs. then she asks me what the truck is weighted for! haha. i say about 1200lbs in the bed. i tell herim going to west virginia in a few weeks and i dont want to ride on the bump stops for 12hrs. so she leaves the counter, she comes back and tells me someone out back said it will be ok. ( so im suppost to deal with this from a 30 grand truck i just bought from you, im thinking) and she also chimed in that toyota offers a air bag system that they could install but i was prolly exspensive. im like what the fuck. i printed out the tsb so tomarrow im going to give her some education on the product that her dealership sells hahah. this lady was killing me
Old 03-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
HomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
HomeGrown's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, THIS will be fun. She apparently never heard of the leaf spring TSB.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
I guess that is one way to approach it.

I was nice, explained that I had the issue, did some research, and had talked to others with the same issue. They had told me "there is some kind of rear spring fix" that the dealer offers for the problem, and if she could check this out for me.

I am scheduled to have it done on Friday.

Seems like being kind and courteous, and not expecting the service adviser to know every issue with every vehicle worked out.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicripp83 View Post
so i went to the stealership today to get some more D rings for my bed and i stopped at the service counter on my way out the door, and told the service rep that i just bought a 2011 tacoma trd and when i loaded my atv in the bed the ride was terrible (i didnt say "harsh") she askes me how much the atv weights, i said about 375lbs. then she asks me what the truck is weighted for! haha. i say about 1200lbs in the bed. i tell herim going to west virginia in a few weeks and i dont want to ride on the bump stops for 12hrs. so she leaves the counter, she comes back and tells me someone out back said it will be ok. ( so im suppost to deal with this from a 30 grand truck i just bought from you, im thinking) and she also chimed in that toyota offers a air bag system that they could install but i was prolly exspensive. im like what the fuck. i printed out the tsb so tomarrow im going to give her some education on the product that her dealership sells hahah. this lady was killing me
Any time a client starts reminding you how important they are based on what they spend, you know you're in for a treat.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGrown View Post
Oh, THIS will be fun. She apparently never heard of the leaf spring TSB.
There's the problem, she probably knows all to well about it.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
From actually working in the service department at my dealership and hearing alot of the "crap" other members have had to deal with kills me. That lady was dumb. Because TSB labor time still pays the same as customer work does. She could of lost out of over 3hrs of warranty work. Plus she acted clueless about the leaf spring issue. At our dealership once every month we have a big meeting addressing new recalls and tsb's so everyone in service has an idea of what to be expecting.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #7
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
my point exactly
Old 06-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #8
tsb finally approved getting installed tuesday sick!
Old 06-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

Name: Charles
redezman's Tacoma Gallery
was it a deer in head lights when ya went back to her with the print out?
The dealership i use, i had one rude a\service advisory, so i wont even deal with him, even if it means waiting for another one.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #10
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess that is one way to approach it.

I was nice, explained that I had the issue, did some research, and had talked to others with the same issue. They had told me "there is some kind of rear spring fix" that the dealer offers for the problem, and if she could check this out for me.

I am scheduled to have it done on Friday.

Seems like being kind and courteous, and not expecting the service adviser to know every issue with every vehicle worked out.
This is the best approach. It kills me when someone goes in a plops down a TSB and expects immediate results.

Quote:
Plus she acted clueless about the leaf spring issue.
I don't think she acted clueless. I think she didn't honestly know about a specific issue on a specific model. Toyota produces more than just the Tacoma.
I would go in and say you have been experienciing a harsh ride when loaded and is it a common issue. If the response you get lacking then mention politely that you had read about a TSB being issued that may be a solution to your problem.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
she goes oh you have a "harsh" ride. i was like are f**king stupid unreal but it getting done so 1 for the good guys
Old 06-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #12
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicripp83 View Post
she goes oh you have a "harsh" ride. i was like are f**king stupid unreal but it getting done so 1 for the good guys
Hehehe!! ^^^ How ironic!!

When I inquired about the TSB I was told that my truck didn't qualify. According to the TSB it did, so I called corporate. Corporate wrote emails to the two closest dealerships and I got a call within 20 mins after that. They made an appointment for me to bring it in 45 mins after we hung up to inspect it.

Sure enough I was right. My truck was supposed to have it done.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #13
兔年快乐! 慢慢走!
trot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud of

trot's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the service desk employees who aren't the tech writers only know how to do the forms. At least the ones I've interacted with over the years just seem to take payment, process paperwork, etc. Of course they could be provided with some familiarity training and decent wages, but hey, that would just cut into the owner's profit margin.