Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sold my Pre-TACO!

Old 05-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #1
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
Sold my Pre-TACO!

I just sold my 1994 Pickup for $2K one day after putting signs in the window. Never even listed it anywhere. I had 8 calls on it today just from passers by. I could have gotten more out of it I think but it got a good home.

I'm going to miss that little pickup!

Old 05-11-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Great shape for a 1994. Something like that would fetch over $5K around here.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:45 AM   #3
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Man! I wish I had $2K. I would definitely have given you $2K for that truck. Hopefully I will find a 4x4 truck for ~$4K in the next two years (I need a toyota).

Congrats on selling your truck!
Old 05-11-2007, 08:57 AM   #4
sak3358 is on a distinguished road

sak3358's Tacoma Gallery
Very impressive. I would have paid more for that. It looks like it is in excellent condition. It would have made a perfect DC road car. It wouldn't look the same after 4 months here.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
surfponto is on a distinguished road
surfponto's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pickup. Definetley worth 2000 .

I remember when I sold our 89 SR5 4x4 22R-E, I was bummed for a while.
The 22RE motor was bulletproof and returned over 20 mpg. That was with 32" tires.

Hope I don't get flamed for this but I think the build quality of the Pre-Tacos was better then the current Tacoma pick-ups.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #6
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It was a 2WD/4cyl/5spd reg cab. It had no power anything, no A/C, and a 144K miles on bald tires. But yes it looked and drove fantastic. Other than a couple small dents and a cracked 3rd brake housing from an ice sheet this winter flying off a semi.

KBB was putting at $2400 with good tires, and Edmond's was putting it at $1400.

I was going to list it in the paper and on Craigslist for $2600 but this guy kept me from having to field numerous phone calls and race home for test drives, and I never did anything but put signs in it a day ago.

If I could have seriously gotten $5K for it I am kicking myself right now.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfponto View Post
Nice pickup. Definitely worth 2000 .

I remember when I sold our 89 SR5 4x4 22R-E, I was bummed for a while.

Hope I don't get flamed for this but I think the Pre-Tacos were better made then the Tacomas.

The 22RE motor was bulletproof and returned over 20 mpg.
I agree, that truck was bullet proof. I drove it hard... as if it were a WRC car, and it would just ask for more. Part of the reason I didn't buy another manual transmission. Too temping

Mine got 28mpg if drove properly... I usually got 24mpg

I'm sure I'm weepy because I had this truck for 8 years. Longest I ever had a vehicle before that was maybe 2 years. They just didn't last beyond 80K. I never had anything major go wrong on this truck. I changed a starter, brakes, and a thermostat, and besides oil, that's it. If the engine and paint last that long on my new TACO... I'll be one happy permanent Toyota patron.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #8
surfponto is on a distinguished road
surfponto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBetty View Post
I agree, that truck was bullet proof. I drove it hard... as if it were a WRC car, and it would just ask for more. Part of the reason I didn't buy another manual transmission. Too temping

Mine got 28mpg if drove properly... I usually got 24mpg

I'm sure I'm weepy because I had this truck for 8 years. Longest I ever had a vehicle before that was maybe 2 years. They just didn't last beyond 80K. I never had anything major go wrong on this truck. I changed a starter, brakes, and a thermostat, and besides oil, that's it. If the engine and paint last that long on my new TACO... I'll be one happy permanent Toyota patron.
I agree. This is my first Tacoma also (see sig)

I am hoping for the best but I would love to be able to go back and buy a solid-front axle 22R or 22RE 5-Speed 4x4 Toyota.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #9
Steve762us is on a distinguished road
Steve762us's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaster View Post
Wow. Great shape for a 1994. Something like that would fetch over $5K around here.

It's in evilly good shape for a `94...hmmm!
Old 05-12-2007, 07:44 AM   #10
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
Nice condition for your taco