Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

$350 for AC I4 vs $400 DC

View Poll Results: What truck?
Access cab 35 24.48%
Double cab 108 75.52%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
$350 for AC I4 vs $400 DC

What would you rather pick? Im trying to decide right now......
2011 access cab I4 manual $350 over 3 year lease
or
2011 double cab V6 auto $400 over 5 year lease
Both have same buyout basically
Old 03-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
I love my DC V6, it is a lot more truck... How much difference does $50 make to you in a month?
Old 03-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Double cab! You'll appreciate the extra room.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery
dbl cab for sure!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
What would you rather pick? Im trying to decide right now......
2011 access cab I4 manual $350 over 3 year lease
or
2011 double cab V6 auto $400 over 5 year lease
Both have same buyout basically
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
over 3 years that 50 a month turns into 1800 saved over the dbl cab. does your need of a backseat justify spending that much over three years?

leasing is not smart, why not buy?

I know you are not asking about leasing but I think you
This will be one of those decisions made by youth where you look back 10 year down the line and wonder what you were thinking.

First of all leases are far more beneficial for luxury vehicles that can be written off as a business expense. You are way better off finding a used vehicle for $350 a month and having some equity after the payments are over.

Either way you own nothing..May as well take the three year and have the option to walk after three, and not obligate yourself for FIVE years on a lease and then have another 5 years of payments to buy it out which you won;t do because the dealer will talk you into another lease. because you will be making the same payment then on a NEW vehicle instead of a 5 year old one....You will save in fuel and maintenance as well

5 Year lease is a VERY bad idea.....5 year loans are bad ideas..Leases are far worse.

BUY and resell what you can afford to drive for $400 a month. If you cannot afford a new truck payment you should buy used and save a pile of money. $400 a month for three years buys a $15000 vehicle.....
Old 03-28-2011, 06:57 PM   #9
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
over 3 years that 50 a month turns into 1800 saved over the dbl cab. does your need of a backseat justify spending that much over three years?

leasing is not smart, why not buy?
Leasing is by FAR the best way to go. Maybe because of where you live its different, but here, if I were to buy the Truck out at the end, I would save over $4000 because the better interest rate. Its 1.7 on 3 years, 3.7 on 5 years, and 4.7 on finance.
I never understood why people dont like leases. You get a chance to walk away years later when you never know what could happen
Old 03-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #10
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Two very different trucks, two vastly different lease options. I think you need to decide on the truck you want, then find the best deal.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfrog View Post
Either way you own nothing..May as well take the three year and have the option to walk after three, and not obligate yourself for FIVE years on a lease. You will save in fuel and maintenance as well

5 Year lease is a VERY bad idea.....5 year loans are bad ideas..Leases are far worse.
Explain? I dont understand? I wouldnt give them the truck back. I would just own it for 5 years while paying low payments and buy it out at the end and save money.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #12
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
$400 x 60 months = $24000. How much is buy out? New truck can't be much more than that.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
$400 x 60 months = $24000. How much is buy out? New truck can't be much more than that.
Buyout is about $15000. To buy its $589 x 72. Prices are fucked here in Canada remember, we get raped because of it. In the end, leasing to buy saves you about $1500-2000 cash
Old 03-28-2011, 07:08 PM   #14
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Are you looking at a TRD model or SR5 ?
Old 03-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Are you looking at a TRD model or SR5 ?
SR5
If you have any idea in Canada where I can get it cheaper I could use the help too. Thanks
Old 03-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #16
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
SR5
If you have any idea in Canada where I can get it cheaper I could use the help too. Thanks
What were you quoted for the DC SR5 ?
Old 03-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
35 200 basically +tax
$33 805 + taxes etc in BC

DC SR5 4x4 V6 5 SPD Auto
Old 03-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #19
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Explain? I dont understand? I wouldnt give them the truck back. I would just own it for 5 years while paying low payments and buy it out at the end and save money.
If you did not give the truck back you will have paid far more for it than you should have refinancing the balance. you will have paid interest on a 10 year note!! on a depreciating asset You want to make 9 years worth of $400 a month payments on an 9 year old vehicle? If you have a financial hardship the dealer takes the car sells it at action and bills you for the entire lease amount. Same if you total it. You are obligated to the entire lease amount. Insurance won;t cover the lease amount only the vehicle's worth. So you now have an increase in payment to by GAP insurance.

You are obligated to maintain a truck you don't own and are in essence ,renting.

If you took $400 a month for 5 years you could buy and OWN a $24,000 truck. And sell it in five years for $10,000!!!

Old 03-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfrog View Post
If you did not give the truck back you will have paid far more for it than you should have refinancing the balance. you will have paid interest on a 10 year note!! on a depreciating asset You want to make 9 years worth of $400 a month payments on an 9 year old vehicle? If you have a financial hardship the dealer takes the car sells it at action and bills you for the entire lease amount. Same if you total it. You are obligated to the entire lease amount. Insurance won;t cover the lease amount only the vehicle's worth. So you now have an increase in payment to by GAP insurance.

You are obligated to maintain a truck you don't own and are in essence ,renting.

If you took $400 a month for 5 years you could buy and OWN a $24,000 truck. And sell it in five years for $10,000!!!

I will have the cash to buy it then. I wont have to finance it.
At the end of the day, I can walk in there and buy it out whenever. I will own it in 3-5 years and only pay 1.7 interest when paying payments. Thats how I see it