Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anybody know how to turn off passenger seat belt beep?

Old 09-20-2008, 08:34 AM   #1
Fish Tacos is on a distinguished road
Fish Tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Turn off passenger seat belt beep?

Kind of annoying at times with something sitting on the seat. Is there a way to disable this beeping.?

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.

worked on my 09...takes off drivers and passenger's chime. if the battery get unhooked, it will reset and u have to do it again
Old 09-20-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
damn that's annoying.
any easy way to just disable the sensor under the passenger seat?
because if i have a passenger, and i drop them off, even though they are gone and the seatbelt is undone,
the taco will start beeping like they are still there.

pain in the ASS.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
i have done the beep mod and the ONLY time that I hear beeps are when I start the truck. I hear 5 beeps.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
1bad03snake is on a distinguished road
1bad03snake's Tacoma Gallery
I just did it yesterday. I can handle 5 beeps.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Tell the milk carton in the passenger seat to put their belt on.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Just did this on my 09 and seems to have worked so far...we will see later today when I am out checking on some cows....its a pain to put the seat belt on and off every few feet when I am out in the pastures just so the buzzer doesnt speed up like its going to explode
Old 09-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #8
mainerinexile is on a distinguished road
mainerinexile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Tacos View Post
Kind of annoying at times with something sitting on the seat. Is there a way to disable this beeping.?

Thanks.
Fasten the seat belt!!!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #9
MWCmike is on a distinguished road
Navy: AT2, (Squadrons) VC-8 Puerto Rico, VAQ-33 Norfolk
MWCmike's Tacoma Gallery
Seatbelt Chime

Only if you disconnect your battery will you have to redo the procedure.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:21 AM   #10
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard, but cannot confirm that if you disconnect the wire that goes to the seatbelt, then you won't get any more warnings.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #11
1 man wolf pack
Hardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Evan
Hardcorehehaw's Tacoma Gallery
Bumping this so it will be at the top and easier to find on my phone in 10 seconds when I go outside to try it.
Yes, I'm too lazy to print or write the directions.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #12
Maui
napiliboy47 is on a distinguished road
napiliboy47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.

worked on my 09...takes off drivers and passenger's chime. if the battery get unhooked, it will reset and u have to do it again
does this really work? anyone tried it?
Old 01-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #13
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by napiliboy47 View Post
does this really work? anyone tried it?
Nope, it's all just a government plot to track people. Doing this will engage the hidden gps in the truck and alert the gov't.

Yes it really works, I did it on both the passenger and drivers side.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #14
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
or if you never want to hear a beep do it the right way...

I took out the beeper when I i did the dash mod. the link is on the first post.
it's easier than you think.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-complete.html

I tell you it's a beautiful thing to be able to have the doors open with the keys in or just putting anything on the passenger seat.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #15
Maui
napiliboy47 is on a distinguished road
napiliboy47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowham View Post
Nope, it's all just a government plot to track people. Doing this will engage the hidden gps in the truck and alert the gov't.

Yes it really works, I did it on both the passenger and drivers side.
thanks bro!!! ill go try it. ill let you know how it goes
Old 01-16-2010, 12:58 AM   #17
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nope didnt work for me wish it did
then you did something wrong
Old 01-16-2010, 02:35 AM   #18
Banned
kilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to behold
kilgoja's Tacoma Gallery
it worked for me
Old 01-16-2010, 08:21 AM   #19
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nope didnt work for me wish it did
Try it again. The instructions are a bit complex. I did something wrong the first time I tried it, but the second time I did it right.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #20
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i've done it a few times after disconnects and worked every time